Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jess Franco Blu-ray

It's so hard to keep track of all these! At least selling the standard def versions helps with the cost and temptation of these!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• I agree, my head is spinning trying to keep up with the new releases between the different companies. Hey, which blu ray version of Celestine is recommended.(price is not a factor, I want biggest bang for the biggest buck). I am so glad to have found this forum, and appreciate everybody's input. Just preordered slaves..sexy sisters. I hope amazon gives us a fair shake with the releases that they carry. Please keep me informed and thanks again. You guys seem to talk to important people in the loop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
        Hahaha. NO WAY! So... He's STILL ALIVE???
        Yes, he is and he's still crazy after all these years...

Good news: English subtitles will be on board for him on the BLUE RITA releases.
        Stephen
        Last edited by Stephen; 11-30-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conquistador View Post
          I agree, my head is spinning trying to keep up with the new releases between the different companies. Hey, which blu ray version of Celestine is recommended.
          There is only one BD of CELESTINE, just the packaging is different and a Combo (BD/DVD) is also available. ;)

Comment

• Man, if Blue Underground gets into the action I will be so happy. Happy to hear that subtitles will be on board for the Eric Falk interview! Seriously though, how many Jess Franco fans of us are there? Enough to make these releases viable? I gotta wonder.

I'll keep buying them as long as they come out. How long until we see a Kickstarter for a Franco restoration? What's your first choice?

Comment

• Jess Franco Blu-ray

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Yes, he is and he's still crazy after all these years...

Good news: English subtitles will be on board for him on the BLUE RITA releases.
              Do you know him or have contact info for him? What is he doing now? There's so much I need to know, haha! If you're in touch with him, you should send him a link to my Eric Falk thread on here! He'd probably get a kick out of it!...

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...ight=Eric+Falk
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shinya View Post
                I have to ask regarding the Die marquise Von Sade (Doriana Grey) blu-ray. This was actually the Franco blu I was most looking forward to, but it's been the only one that's disappointed me as well. Is it just my copy or does anyone else's copy pixelate during some of the hardcore scenes. It really only does this during the hardcore scenes and it's during the darker parts of the screen. I can pause the disc and see little pixels in the picture. I was tempted to say maybe I got a bad disc, but it will do this during one part and the next shot (different scene) will be perfectly clear. Ian's review did mention compression issues, maybe that's what he was referring too.
                I didn't notice any major issues like that, just some minor compression artifacts. Are you talking about macroblocking? That'd be more obvious. If you give a specific time where you see it I'll check my copy but I watched it all the way through and didn't notice and when I did the caps for the review on my PC I didn't notice anything then either.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  Are you talking about macroblocking?
                  Yes! Macroblocking is the word I was looking for. The part that was the worst was 00:20:05. I was looking pretty hard in your screencaps, but noticed none of what I was talking about. If you don't see it in the timecode I gave, I guess I'll buy another copy. If it matters, I'm watching on a Sony KDL-40EX500 LCD using a 80GB Playstation 3.

Comment

• Ascot-elite have scrappd plans to release midnight party. The release schedule is also changing slightly but I have no further info, other than that Blue rita has been moved to February. Its also worth noting that they have plans from May/June 2014 to release 2 x non Franco Dietrich titles on blu ray per month. I may see Rolls Royce baby in HD after all :)

Comment

• Have you seen Rolls Royce Baby? I thought it was absolutely terrible.
                      https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• Originally posted by s.chivers View Post
                        Have you seen Rolls Royce Baby? I thought it was absolutely terrible.
                        Who cares?!! I just find Lina in this one extra-ordinarily hot, and that's enough for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                          Who cares?!! I just find Lina in this one extra-ordinarily hot, and that's enough for me.
                          Agreed. And it's got Erik Falk doing naked kickboxing too. haha.

Hopefully we get the 6 Swedes movies!
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• SIX SWEDES BOX SET!
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Do you know him or have contact info for him? What is he doing now? There's so much I need to know, haha! If you're in touch with him, you should send him a link to my Eric Falk thread on here! He'd probably get a kick out of it!...

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...ight=Eric+Falk
                              Sorry for taking so long. Great thread you have there...

I don't know him personally. A friend of mine did the interview with him. Eric isn't on the web, so he can't enjoy your thread. He's pretty wild and crazy. He is talking of himself as a evolutionary philosopher and is writing a lot.

Keep an eye on his IMDB entry, we added some films, so you have more "work" to do. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad... ;)

A film we haven't added to the IMDB is Jack Arnold's "The Swiss Conspiracy", because we don't know if his scenes made it to the final print. Eric told a nice little story about meeting David Janssen while shooting, who was somehow impressed by Eric and encouraged him to keep on acting. So it seems you owe David Janssen a lot... :)
                              Stephen
                              Last edited by Stephen; 12-10-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

SIX SWEDES BOX SET!
                                At the risk of this evolving into a Dietrich thread (maybe there should be a new one started, for Dietrich blu-rays), how many of the Swedes movies were actually h/c? I mean the only one I have is Six Swedes in Ibiza. The others are all s/c are they not?

Comment

Working...
                                X