No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming from Full Moon so they'll probably fuck this release up.

Comment

• From Severin's FB page:

**** SUMMER SALE TITLE REVEAL #3 & 4****

THE BLU-RAY PREMIERES OF:

THE INCONFESSABLE ORGIES OF EMMANUELLE

“A SALACIOUS WORK OF FETISHISTIC SEXUALITY…This raunchy, erotically charged peep show reveals yet another side of Jess Franco.” SexGoreMutants

When Golden Films Internacional requested he make an alluring Emmanuelle film, writer/director Jess Franco instead held a dark mirror to the series’ sunny fantasies of sexual freedom: When a violent assault upends her uninhibited lifestyle, Emmanuelle (beautiful Muriel Montossé of Franco’s CECILIA and DEVIL HUNTER) chooses to pursue a perverse odyssey of machismo, repression and erotic degradation. Familiar ‘80s Franco faces and bodies including Carmen Carrión (SEXUAL STORY OF O), Antonio Mayans (BAHIA BLANCA), Asunción Calero (THE HOUSE OF LOST WOMEN) and Tony Skios (NIGHT OF OPEN SEX) co-star in this “sure-fire treasure for Franco fans” (SexGoreMutants) – also known as EMMANUELLE EXPOSED – presented in HD for the first time ever with all-new Special Features.

THE SEXUAL STORY OF O

“A BREATHTAKING EROTIC NIGHTMARE…A beautiful film about ugly events, superior to most of Franco’s ‘80s sex-a-thons.” I’m In A Jess Franco State Of Mind

With a crew of three, cast of five and minimal budget from Golden Films Internacional, writer/director Jess Franco combined elements of his own COUNTESS PERVERSE and EUGENIE with the extremes of de Sade for a startling tale of aristocratic depravity: When a vacationing nymphet (Alicia Príncipe of NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND DESIRES) is seduced by an amoral couple, she’ll be sold into a nightmare of desire, degeneracy and a climax of carnal torment that remains one of the most disturbing sequences in Uncle Jess’ entire ‘80s oeuvre. Carmen Carrión (THE HOUSE OF LOST WOMEN), Mauro Rivera (BLACK CANDLES) and Mari Carmen Nieto (MANSION OF THE LIVING DEAD) co-star in this “beautifully decadent dream of corruption” (SexGoreMutants), now presented in HD for the first time ever with all-new Special Features.

Click image for larger version

Name:	354068576_752576610206115_1742229405036448224_n.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	415818

Name:	354457356_752576700206106_6324340807695551235_n.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	415819

Name:	354412878_752576696872773_1005598795116913208_n.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	415817
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I feel like I need to pick these up in order to get the latest 'In The Land of Franco' installments, but, I have no money and don't feel a desperate need to upgrade/urgently re-watch either of these films, so... ho-hum?

(Incidentally, at some point in the future, when shifting blu-rays is less of an immediate concern, it would be so great if Severin and Stephen Thrower were to think about editing those featurettes together into some kind of feature length documentary or longer / more widely available series; learning about how the spirit of Franco haunts otherwise innocuous stretches of the Southern European coastline, and hearing reminiscences from his surviving collaborators who still live in the area, is incredibly fascinating to me... I've enjoyed them more than the accompanying films in some cases.)
        https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
        http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Coming later this year from Blue Underground.

Name:	343086615_1375129903283113_8014065826697285196_n.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	413366
          In the tradition of Barbarella and Danger: Diabolik comes this swinging '60s action orgy as bisexual super-villain Sumitra (the luscious Shirley Eaton of Goldfinger and The Blood of Fu Manchu) launches a diabolical plan to enslave the male species with her army of lusty warrior women. But when Sumitra kidnaps a fugitive American playboy, she crosses a sadistic crime boss Coming 9/26/23 from Blue Underground.

(Academy Award winner George Sanders of All About Eve and Village of The Damned) and ignites a battle of the sexes that will bring Brazil to its knees in more ways than one. Get ready to experience director Jess Franco at his most erotic, exotic and bizarre. This is The Girl From Rio!

Richard Wyler (The Bounty Killer) and Maria Rohm (Eugenie, Justine) co-star in this kinky cult favorite (also known as Rio 70, Future Women and The Seven Secrets of Sumuru), packed with go-go boots, miniskirts and outrageous Jess Franco style. The Girl From Rio is now presented totally uncut and uncensored with all its eye-popping nudity, and lesbianism now fully restored in 4K.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
          EXCLUSIVE NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM FROM THE UNCENSORED CAMERA NEGATIVE
          DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
          NEW Audio Commentary with critics Historians Nathaniel Thompson and Troy Howarth
          NEW Rocking in Rio - Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of "Murderous Passions: The Delirious Cinema of Jesus Franco"
          NEW RiffTrax Edition – THE GIRL FROM RIO Riffed by Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett & Kevin Murphy
          NEW Additional Scenes from German Version
          Rolling in Rio – Interviews with Director Jess Franco, Producer Harry Alan Towers and Star Shirley Eaton
          Trim Reel
          Poster & Still Gallery
          Audio: English (1.0 DTS-HD MA)
          Subtitles: English SDH, Français, Español
          Limited Edition embossed slipcover (First Pressing Only)
          REGION-FREE
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Coming to Blu-ray 10/24 from MVD Classics

Jess Franco’s Jailhouse Wardress (1981)

One of the most notorious "women in prison" epics, this Jess Franco production stars Lina Romay (Female Vampire) as Maria da Guerra, who's sentenced to life after k*lling her father, who had attempted to ass*ult her. While behind bars, Maria encounters a sadistic female warden and hatches an escape plan involving the seduction of a male nurse. Monica Swinn (Barbed Wire Dolls) and Paul Müller (Eugenie de Sade) also star in this salacious tale.

Name:	356095858_742348811186366_7671230146805203033_n.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	416365
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Coming to Blu-ray 10/24 from MVD Classics

Jess Franco’s Jailhouse Wardress (1981)

One of the most notorious "women in prison" epics, this Jess Franco production stars Lina Romay (Female Vampire) as Maria da Guerra, who's sentenced to life after k*lling her father, who had attempted to ass*ult her. While behind bars, Maria encounters a sadistic female warden and hatches an escape plan involving the seduction of a male nurse. Monica Swinn (Barbed Wire Dolls) and Paul Müller (Eugenie de Sade) also star in this salacious tale.

Name:	356095858_742348811186366_7671230146805203033_n.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	416365
              This sounds like the exact description of Barbed Wire Dolls. I know that was in 1975 though. I know the stories were often and sometimes footage was reused but this is dead-on.
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post

This sounds like the exact description of Barbed Wire Dolls. I know that was in 1975 though. I know the stories were often and sometimes footage was reused but this is dead-on.
                There is a different movie synopsis for "Jailhouse Wardress" on the IMDb...

IMDb: : Les gardiennes du pénitencier
                https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214705/

Did the press release include the wrong movie description?
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• So the IMDB says that footage from Barbed Wire Dolls was edited into Jailhouse Wardress.

I'm honestly not 100% sure what we're getting here, ha.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The user reviews on the IMDb page are hysterical. If this one is correct and this is the same film as Women Behind Bars we should have a DVD copy around here somewhere.

Attached Files
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• I got Jailhouse Wardress in a cheap set years back and pretty much all I remember about it is that there was quite a bit of footage from Barbed Wire Dolls in it. Maybe I’ll give it another watch soon, doubt I’ll upgrade it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by f.ramses View Post
                        I got Jailhouse Wardress in a cheap set years back and pretty much all I remember about it is that there was quite a bit of footage from Barbed Wire Dolls in it. Maybe I’ll give it another watch soon, doubt I’ll upgrade it though.
                        I believe Frauengefangnis 3 also used footage from BWD. Crazy how often this stuff was reused.
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post

I believe Frauengefangnis 3 also used footage from BWD. Crazy how often this stuff was reused.
                          For me it's hard to keep track of these WIP and Nazisploitation movies, often people talk about one and I picture another. Had to check the shelf to see if Jailhouse Wardess was the one I was thinking of and then just went to grab Frauengefangnis 3 only to find I don't have it and was picturing another movie...

Comment

• Originally posted by f.ramses View Post

For me it's hard to keep track of these WIP and Nazisploitation movies, often people talk about one and I picture another. Had to check the shelf to see if Jailhouse Wardess was the one I was thinking of and then just went to grab Frauengefangnis 3 only to find I don't have it and was picturing another movie...
                            It's soooo confusing. When he made them he probably didn't realize anybody would put that much thought into them this long after the fact!
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Here's the sell sheet for Girl From Rio.

Name:	356813098_6369298223136588_102730657770493358_n.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	416477
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• If you've not bought it yet this is on sale (for $14) at Vinegar Syndrome with 16 hours left till the offer changes:

Comment

Working...
                                X