No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've seen the X rated versions of his De Nesle films and they're really not that good. A good compromise would've been for Redemption to just include the extra scenes as bonus footage. Any reason to watch Lina doing extra sex scenes is reason to watch, especially the extra stuff for Exorcism.
    "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
      Finances vs demand mainly.

Also, If your after a few of the different cuts of Exorcism, then track down the X-rated release. X-rated also released the hardcore cut of female vampire.
      I've got the X-Rated BD release of Demoniac. Isn't the X-Rated release of Female Vampire DVD ONLY?

Comment

• I went ahead and asked Severin for the umpteenth time what was happening with their proposed Franco titles. It seems that they are still working on masters and that the licensor is holding things up. It appears that this is Eurocine, so the odds on that Shining sex is still on the cards is high. Also, powers of elimantion would suggest that certain titles like Kiss me Killer and Midnight Party are in the mix here.
        Lalala76
        Last edited by Lalala76; 08-18-2016, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Can't remember: how many Franco titles do they have in the pipeline?

Comment

• About 5/6 although I'm having doubt all these will come to fruition, and soon

Comment

• Midnight Party is one of my favorites. We need the multiple versions included in a possible release. Lina at her best!
              "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                Midnight Party is one of my favorites. We need the multiple versions included in a possible release. Lina at her best!
                How many versions of this film are there?

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                  How many versions of this film are there?
                  At least 3

The edition tonfilm release offers up the most complete version known

Comment

• Wasn't there a brief accidental semi-hardcore shot in the original version of Female Vampire that was removed from the various US and UK video releases?

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Meteor View Post
                      Wasn't there a brief accidental semi-hardcore shot in the original version of Female Vampire that was removed from the various US and UK video releases?
                      yes

Although whether it was removed or just different prints is the point to discuss

Comment

• Are Countess Perverse and Lorna coming out on Blu Ray via Mondo Macabro? I'm interested in the films, but I haven't bought them because I thought I read somewhere that blus were forthcoming.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanIcon View Post
                          Are Countess Perverse and Lorna coming out on Blu Ray via Mondo Macabro? I'm interested in the films, but I haven't bought them because I thought I read somewhere that blus were forthcoming.
                          Yes MM are releasing Countess Perverse on Blu-ray. Jared says he hopes this year. Lorna, due to the extensive reconstruction using various sd materials is a no.

My advice..wait for Countess on BD as it will have more than one version, but snap up Lorna on dvd as its excellent, both film and restoration (considering how this was all put together)

Comment

• Countess Perverse has more than 1 version? I have it on DVD, and I thought that was the directors cut, and only version there was? I might be confused about this one though. I will be glad if other versions are included. I just watched it not long ago, it's a great film, Howard Vernon is great in it. I will definitely grab this one on blu ray. I am sorry to hear Lorna The Exorcist won't make it to blu ray, but the DVD was great so I'm happy still that it was released still in a nice version. I guess not everything can make it to blu ray. I still need to pick up some of Mondo Macabro's DVD releases, but there is just so much coming out on blu ray that it's hard to go back and pick up DVD releases right now, and also Mondo Macabro are picking up speed with their blu ray releases as well. Mondo Macabro's blu rays are tops on my list though of blu rays to get, they are not like some companies that I just add to my wishlist and get to later, MM releases move directly to the very top and are bought usually on release date. I wish they could releases some more Jose Ramon Larraz films, I read a chapter about him in Immoral Tales, and SYmptoms was a great release, and I'd love to see more of his films, they are unique.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fundi View Post
                              Countess Perverse has more than 1 version?
                              There's a French XXX version too (LES CROQUEUSES, complete with an 'it was all a dream' framing device), and a moderately different Italian XXX version (SEXY NATURE). There's another French version with a semi-hardcore scene, as I recall, but which isn't full-on XXX.
                              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Paul sums that up nicely

Comment

Working...
                                X