The Spaghetti Western thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IanIcon View Post
    Did the Cjamango double feature Wild East was putting out ever drop? I've been wanting to see that.
    Never did come out and it's no longer even listed on their website.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post
      Never did come out and it's no longer even listed on their website.
      Looks like it's still in 'coming soon' & set for February 16 now. Appears they are taking preorders.

Comment

• GARRINGO/TWO CROSSES AT DANGER PASS is also up for preorder from Wild East.

The English audio is the only option for the Retrovision DJANGO THE BASTARD/BOOT HILL disc. No Italian track or subs.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post

The English audio is the only option for the Retrovision DJANGO THE BASTARD/BOOT HILL disc. No Italian track or subs.
          Thanks. Strange that even Diabolik dvd list the Italian track?

Also I just found out there is a English friendly Blu Ray/DVD combo of DUEL IN THE ECLIPSE due out in Germany in the next month or so.

Comment

• I heard Duel in the Eclipse is great. Need to get that. Does anyone other than Diabolik and Daveedee stock Euro western import discs in the U.S.?

Comment

• Don't know. Ill probably get mine from Amazon.de.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                Don't know. Ill probably get mine from Amazon.de.
                I haven't ordered from Amazon.de - do you just login there and order like from American Amazon? I minored in German, so language isn't a problem. I've had really good luck with German sellers on eBay.
                How are the German DVDs of Bandidos and The Ruthless Four? I've been looking at those for a long time; I hear they're good films. I'd also like to get End of the Rainbow (on DVD as Knie Nieder und Friss Staub, or Kneel Down and Eat Dust - an amazing title) but it seems OOP and kinda pricey.
                uuuugh - forget it. Looks like Amazon.de automatically charges you around 15 Euros per movie to ship. That's bonkers - should only cost about 5.
                IanIcon
                Last edited by IanIcon; 01-30-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanIcon View Post
                  I haven't ordered from Amazon.de - do you just login there and order like from American Amazon? I minored in German, so language isn't a problem. I've had really good luck with German sellers on eBay.
                  How are the German DVDs of Bandidos and The Ruthless Four? I've been looking at those for a long time; I hear they're good films. I'd also like to get End of the Rainbow (on DVD as Knie Nieder und Friss Staub, or Kneel Down and Eat Dust - an amazing title) but it seems OOP and kinda pricey.
                  uuuugh - forget it. Looks like Amazon.de automatically charges you around 15 Euros per movie to ship. That's bonkers - should only cost about 5.
                  Amazon.de works just like the US one. And I think the same login works at every Amazon except Japan. And yeah, if you order from marketplace sellers it will be expensive to USA. Just like it is from USA to Europe (At least to Finland it was $12.95 per disc the last time I ordered. Though that is only around 12€ or so.).

I don't know about the Bandidos disc... the older 2.35:1 German disc was from NEW who simply copied the old Japanese disc (and made it look slightly worse in the process). The Japanese disc was alright back then but I think the recent French disc (no English options) improves a lot. Maybe this new German disc is from the same master? Then again might not be. But as far as I know even this new master is still missing the very end of the movie and couple of other pieces (all of which are on a very old German disc which has the image cropped to 1.85:1). :bruce:

The Koch Media Ruthless Four disc is of very good quality.

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                  Thanks. Strange that even Diabolik dvd list the Italian track?

Also I just found out there is a English friendly Blu Ray/DVD combo of DUEL IN THE ECLIPSE due out in Germany in the next month or so.
                  The spaghetti western database also says English for the disc but I wonder what the source for that is? Amazon.de says only German and Italian (but doesn't make it true :P ).

Click image for larger version

Name:	91Q93sEL1SL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	349751

Comment

• Thanks for the advice on Bandidos - I definitely do not want to spend money on a film missing part of the ending (?!). In my experience, Germany has pretty reasonable shipping to the U.S. - I just got a 2-LP record set shipped for 11 Euros, and DVDs and blu-rays are usually 5-7 Euros. 15,50 is too much. I may bite the bullet and order "End of the Rainbow" anyway. Koch does a great job with those spaghetti western reissues - they always have English subtitles if there's no dub option, which I'm perfectly fine with.
                    Another question for the brains here - what other Sartana movies are really essential / great viewing? I've got "If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death" and "Blood at Sundown" (where he's the bad guy) from Wild East already. I may just order that cheap-o VideoAsia set...

Comment

• I would not worry about the missing pieces (even the ending) if you're interested in the film. Imagine if For A Few Dollars More was cut in a way that after Clint picks up the saddle bags from the tree the next thing you see is the 'the end' text and everything between was missing. That is basically what is happening with Bandidos. Would of course prefer and want it all to be there but...

But like I said I don't know how this new German disc is. It could be great or it could be absolutely disgusting, you never know with German releases. ;)

Comment

• @IanIcon

I have the older hardbox version of BANDIDOS released by NEW, I recall the PQ being fine but did not much like the film although many people do. It was directed by Sergio Leone's cinematographer Massamo Dallamano.

THE RUTHLESS FOUR is another fine release which I did not much enjoy. Time for a rewatch of both these I think.

I have always called the DVD release KNIE KNIEDER UND FRISS STAUB by its English title DEAD MEN RIDE. This is a great film and my preferred choice of the ones you mentioned. I don't think you should pay more than 25 euros for it though or less if you can. If you hang on you should eventually find it for a reasonable price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sundance View Post

The spaghetti western database also says English for the disc but I wonder what the source for that is? Amazon.de says only German and Italian (but doesn't make it true :P ).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14768[/ATTACH]
                          I think I saw it had English via the Amazon.de listing, but now they have changed it? Maybe the details have changed. We'll have to wait and see I suppose. It will be a bummer if its not English friendly. Maybe this is one of the downsides now that Arrow have shown interest in the genre. Licensors are becoming more strict about letting German companies put English language options on their releases? Hopefully not...

Comment

• I'll be interested in seeing how the German release of DUEL OF THE ECLIPSE turns out to be. There's a good TV master floating around but it's cut in a number of places; I put together a composite of that version and the old VHS release a few years ago. I like the film an awful lot and would snap up a good release in a heartbeat.
                            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Even ALIVE AG the distributor do not show it as having English, does not bode well:down:

Comment

• I just got a cheap used copy of "Death Sentence" in the mail from a German eBayer - released by Koch Media as "Django - Umbarmherzig wie die Sonne." Great movie - maybe in the top 20 or 25 spaghetti westerns I have seen. Thomas Milian plays a crazy albino. This and "Django Prepare a Coffin" are the best 'Djangosploitation' movies I've seen thus far. I wish the Django Italowestern Box Set was still available for a not insane price.
                                I just put in an order for the X-Rated cult DVDs of "Scalps" (Bruno Mattei, not the horror movie) and "California" (called "Der Mann Aus Virginia" on this release).

Comment

Working...
                                X