No announcement yet.

The Spaghetti Western thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We really need more spaghetti westerns on Blu-ray.

Comment

• Arrow's Djano/Texas Adios limited edition is up for pre-order at amazon: Limited Edition and Steelbook Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
        Arrow's Djano/Texas Adios limited edition is up for pre-order at amazon: Limited Edition and Steelbook Edition
        Pity This won't ship to the UK from Amazon. I suspect it will but ONLY after June 30th. It might have sold out before then.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
          Pity This won't ship to the UK from Amazon. I suspect it will but ONLY after June 30th. It might have sold out before then.
          Speaking of, does anyone know any more about the Cult Films Blu-ray release of DJANGO that's scheduled for release in the UK on the 18th of May?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Django-Blu-...1&s=dvd&sr=1-3
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
            Speaking of, does anyone know any more about the Cult Films Blu-ray release of DJANGO that's scheduled for release in the UK on the 18th of May?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Django-Blu-...1&s=dvd&sr=1-3
            I think they have a Westerns set coming as well, including Django but right now cant find the info. Their new Django has been in the pipeline for quite some time, but as I managed to pick up the Arrow US set before it got pulled, I haven't looked since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
              I think they have a Westerns set coming as well, including Django but right now cant find the info. Their new Django has been in the pipeline for quite some time, but as I managed to pick up the Arrow US set before it got pulled, I haven't looked since.
              Sadly, I didn't manage to get the Arrow release, Lalala76. I've had my eye on the new UK release for a while, but there's been scant information about it. I guess when it's released on Monday, if it's a disappointment, we'll soon be hearing about it on t'interwebs
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Sadly, I didn't manage to get the Arrow release, Lalala76. I've had my eye on the new UK release for a while, but there's been scant information about it. I guess when it's released on Monday, if it's a disappointment, we'll soon be hearing about it on t'interwebs
                You can order the Arrow release (out 30th June) here

LE https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Steelbook https://www.amazon.com/Django-Wester...vies-tv&sr=1-2

Comment

• Maybe not so fast on Arrow's Django/Texas Adios set, as it has been taken off the Arrow section of MVD's site. And if you go to the page it now, once again, says "ON HOLD BLUE RAY" with a release date of 12/31/20. What a clusterfuck.

Comment

• Is Lustig fucking things up or what the heck is going on with this release? Announced, withheld, announced again, and now seemingly stalled once again. Ugh! I gave up a while ago and bought the scandinavian blu-ray with the same restoration. But it's from a shit company that sucks balls (Soul Media) and I'd rather get the Arrow release.
                    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Now Arrow has announced that the Django/Texas Adios double is back on with the June 30th release.

Comment

• I just watched A BULLET FOR A GENERAL for the first time and am completely blown away! Shot straight near the top of the best Spaghetti Westerns I've seen, although admittedly I need to see a lot more. Fantastic acting from everyone. Great story, just a fantastic all around film.

I've only seen Damiano Damiani's AMITYVILLE 2 which is fun insane '80s horror movie but this was on a whole other level. I need to see more of his films.
                        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          I just watched A BULLET FOR A GENERAL for the first time and am completely blown away! Shot straight near the top of the best Spaghetti Westerns I've seen, although admittedly I need to see a lot more. Fantastic acting from everyone. Great story, just a fantastic all around film.

I've only seen Damiano Damiani's AMITYVILLE 2 which is fun insane '80s horror movie but this was on a whole other level. I need to see more of his films.
                          BULLET FOR THE GENERAL is superb, Scott. I remember catching that on TV during my teenaged years and being blown away by it.

AMITYVILLE 2 is quite atypical for Damiani, most of whose films are very political (though not as radical as those of, say, Giulio Questi, or as cynical as those of Corbucci). There are several poliziesco/thrilling all'italiana pictures by Damiani that I can wholeheartedly recommend:
                          THE CASE IS CLOSED, FORGET IT
                          CONFESSIONS OF A POLICE CAPTAIN
                          DAY OF THE OWL
                          HOW TO KILL A JUDGE
                          I AM AFRAID

I think all of these should be fairly readily-available on DVD in the US.

Fill yer boots ;)

Comment

There are several poliziesco/thrilling all'italiana pictures by Damiani that I can wholeheartedly recommend:
                            CONFESSIONS OF A POLICE CAPTAIN
                            DAY OF THE OWL
                            HOW TO KILL A JUDGE
                            I AM AFRAID

I think all of these should be fairly readily-available on DVD in the US.

Fill yer boots ;)
                            I quite intend on filling my boots! Cheers, Paul, thanks for the recommendations!

Comment

• Paul covered most of the top films, Scott, but a couple others I really like are:

A MAN ON HIS KNEES - similar thematically to I AM AFRAID, with a striking, out-of-character role for Giulano Gemma. It has the same, bleak atmosphere with a main character who slowly realizes he's way out of his league. This one might be tough to find, haven't looked to see if it's on Prime.
                              GOODBYE & AMEN - Another one that might not be particularly easy to find.
                              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I can't stop chuckling at this title. Years ago me and some friends came across a store with a "Closed" sign in the window that read: "We're CLOSED, You blew it!"

Comment

Working...
                                X