The Spaghetti Western thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming in March from Artus (taken from the SWDb forum):

Love that BELLE STAR cover. I'll watch that just to see Elsa in that outfit! Holy shit.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• From the SWDb forum:

March 24 from Explosive Media: Single disc DVD re-releases of FACE TO FACE and GARRINGO. As well as a limited DVD/BluRay release of GARRINGO. Details soon.

Hmm, GARRINGO on BD...assuming it's English friendly that's going to be hard to pass up. I'll still want the Wild East double feature for TWO CROSSES AT DANGER PASS as all I have is a dvd-r.

Comment

• Another bit of news from the SWDb forums. A new cheap set from Mill Creek coming March 1. This one is distinguished by having two films that have never had English releases.

Forum link.

Comment

• ^^ Thanks for the head up. Are you ordering it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
            ^^ Thanks for the head up. Are you ordering it?
            Yeah, probably will order it early next month. I'm not expecting pristine perfection and the price should be reasonable. I'm starting to acquire way too many copies of 4 DOLLARS OF REVENGE though...sheesh.

Comment

• Any word on whether the new Matalo is English-friendly? I'd like to replace my Wild East copy if the print is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanIcon View Post
                Any word on whether the new Matalo is English-friendly? I'd like to replace my Wild East copy if the print is better.
                Don't think it is..?

Amazon.fr says its not

Most French spaghetti western releases are not English friendly to be honest
                Bogart
                Last edited by Bogart; 02-11-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Shame on that Matalo. I think the WE is the only English-friendly release around, and it's far from the best release that label has done (it's also way OOP). Watchable at least.

Scalps (Bruno Mattei, 1987) - Whew, what a stinker. Not as inept as "Rats" or "Hell of the Living Dead," but not nearly as entertaining either. An interesting one-watch for the fact that it's an '80s spaghetti western, there's gore and it has an (offensively portrayed) "Native American" female lead, but that's about it.

Comment

Scalps (Bruno Mattei, 1987) - Whew, what a stinker. Not as inept as "Rats" or "Hell of the Living Dead," but not nearly as entertaining either. An interesting one-watch for the fact that it's an '80s spaghetti western, there's gore and it has an (offensively portrayed) "Native American" female lead, but that's about it.
                    I quite like Scalps. No its not a great western or anything but its a decent little exploitation film in its own right. I especially like the ending!

Comment

• Just watched Blindman via the Koch Media DVD - great film! Pretty sleazy and OTT violent, even for a spaghetti western. I loved Tony Anthony in it so much I hurried over to Amazon.de and ordered the first two Stranger films for cheap. Ringo Starr and the main villain were great. Good music to boot. This will probably crack a top 20 or 25 for me when I get enough of the second-tier spaghettis watched.

Comment

• I suggested Arrow they should release this on Blu. They replied: "Hey, thanks for the tip!".

That was like a year ago or more. I keep hoping.
                        https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• I'd love to see an Arrow BD of Blindman with cool extras. I hope they do more spaghetti western releases. I'm gearing up to watch California later.

Comment

I'd love to see an Arrow BD of Blindman with cool extras. I hope they do more spaghetti western releases. I'm gearing up to watch California later.
                            I was looking at my selection of westerns this weekend trying to pick out a film and I took a moment to play "which DVD would I most want to see Arrow give the deluxe treatment". I landed on Blindman. There are other films that are in worse shape but BLINDMAN is one of my favorites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                              I was looking at my selection of westerns this weekend trying to pick out a film and I took a moment to play "which DVD would I most want to see Arrow give the deluxe treatment". I landed on Blindman. There are other films that are in worse shape but BLINDMAN is one of my favorites.
                              I just had a ton of fun watching it. I think it will be an annual (at least) revisit for me now. I could see this being one to use to get your friends into spaghetti westerns.

Comment

• THE BRUTE AND THE BEAST (aka Massacre Time) would make for a good SW ice breaker as well. It's not too deep and the action scenes are some the most intense I've seen in a western.

I'd be tempted to expose CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES to the uninitiated. It contains many of the genre's tropes but is the type of film that can stick with you for weeks. While it can be a bit of a downer there are some fun moments. However I hesitate to recommend films with sexual assault to friends.
                                Jason C
                                Last edited by Jason C; 02-17-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X