No announcement yet.

That Evil Dead Remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Bruce Campbell Says Sam Raimi Is Working On An Evil Dead 'Bible,' With New Movies Every Two To Three Years

https://www.slashfilm.com/1262954/br...le-new-movies/
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I went to see Evil Dead Rise. It's an entertaining, efficient modern horror film, but it didn't taste much like Evil Dead to me until the end which was amusingly OTT. Like the last one it plays it mostly straight, but that one at least felt like an Evil Dead movie. It's decent but I might have enjoyed it more if it was just a homage and not an official entry in the series, as there's a lot of expectation on my part due to that label.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
          I'm with that guy.

This movie was oppressively dark (pre and post power outage), oppressively LOUD (whether it's piss hitting a pregnancy test, EDM or a shotgun blast), and no fun at all.

Thumbs down.

Toyboy
          like a hole in the head
          Last edited by Toyboy; 04-23-2023, 05:10 PM.
          Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

• There's been something nagging at me since I saw this yesterday...

***SPOILERS****

Early in the film we see the youngest daughter cut the head off a doll and then attach it to the end of a stick. Her older sister later approaches her and the little girl jabs her hard in the mid-section with the doll's head, almost knocking the wind out of her, and then chases the older one through the apartment after flipping the stick over and showing that the other end is sharpened. The older kid seems genuinely scared, as though the younger kid is prone to this sort of violent behavior, but then both of the older siblings snatch the little one up and they all flop onto the bed and appear to be laughing. Honestly, this movie was so incredibly dark that I could barely make out facial expressions, so I didn't understand the dynamics of that scene. Was the idea that maybe this kid is bipolar or has anger issues? It's never really addressed again, and the moment seems to have only served the purpose of showing us two weapons - the stick and the scissors used to chop the doll's head off - for use later in the film.

Comment

• I love spotting obvious set ups early on in films. The scissors in this being one of the most egregious.

"Doctor, you mean that reactor is as hot as the sun?" hmm...

Comment

• Sounds like I can wait for a home release. I hated the 2013 version and to me this looked similar to that one.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Amazon.co.uk page up for a steelbook UHD release for Evil Dead Rise.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C3HZ9PR8/

Click image for larger version

Name:	984394671672583587.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	413368
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                    There's been something nagging at me since I saw this yesterday...

***SPOILERS****

Early in the film we see the youngest daughter cut the head off a doll and then attach it to the end of a stick. Her older sister later approaches her and the little girl jabs her hard in the mid-section with the doll's head, almost knocking the wind out of her, and then chases the older one through the apartment after flipping the stick over and showing that the other end is sharpened. The older kid seems genuinely scared, as though the younger kid is prone to this sort of violent behavior, but then both of the older siblings snatch the little one up and they all flop onto the bed and appear to be laughing. Honestly, this movie was so incredibly dark that I could barely make out facial expressions, so I didn't understand the dynamics of that scene. Was the idea that maybe this kid is bipolar or has anger issues? It's never really addressed again, and the moment seems to have only served the purpose of showing us two weapons - the stick and the scissors used to chop the doll's head off - for use later in the film.
                    I thought the stick broke during their roughhousing.
                    Also not a fan overall, but actually enjoyed the over the top climax from the point they got into the elevator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roderick View Post

I thought the stick broke during their roughhousing.
                      I watched some clips from this movie on Youtube which were much brighter and I believe I just happened to be in a theater with incredibly poor projection because if they did show that stick breaking I didn't see it happen. Regardless, when the little girl flips it over to reveal the sharp end there is a moment where it appeared that she intended to stab the sister with it but again, hard to tell when everything is so dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                        There's been something nagging at me since I saw this yesterday...
                        ***SPOILERS****
                        What bothered me more was them fixing the electricity by using an electric soldering tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaibatan View Post
                          What bothered me more was them fixing the electricity by using an electric soldering tool.
                          I forgot about that, yes. Didn't make any sense at all.

Comment

• But she's a guitar tech, she can fix anything!

Comment

• Coming 6/27/23.

Name:	345438003_631074401811996_2308328280812355792_n.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	678.9 KB
ID:	413954

Name:	345646713_905666957160778_7788098159081159692_n.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	683.9 KB
ID:	413955
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• First 10 minutes of Evil Dead Rise are available for free on Youtube.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X