That Evil Dead Remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Yeah, the trailer doesn't do anything for me. I'll probably end up seeing it just for something to do, but meh.
    Come on Mark....at least it must make you a TINY bit more interested in watching it compared to all the lame music-video-directed reboots that we have had to sit through these days!!

Comment

Honestly, more so than the original EVIL DEAD I'm seeing DEMONS inspired stuff in there. That last bit with the girl slicing her tongue especially gave me that feeling; goopy and rubbery (albeit with plenty of CGI), but with a darker aesthetic.

We shall see.
      Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
        Honestly, more so than the original EVIL DEAD I'm seeing DEMONS inspired stuff in there. That last bit with the girl slicing her tongue especially gave me that feeling; goopy and rubbery (albeit with plenty of CGI), but with a darker aesthetic.
        That's kind what I thought too. I was trying to think of what it reminded me of, it's Demons. Thanks for solving the mystery in my head, Toyboy.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Thanks for solving the mystery in my head, Toyboy.
          Probably only ONE of the many mysteries in your head!

But yeah, I can see the DEMONS vibe in there too...and that can ONLY be good!!

Comment

I got the Demons vibe as well. :-D I'm not saying it's bad, i'm just saying that the trailer didn't knock my socks off. :-)

Comment

Were you actually wearing socks when you watched it?
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I was wearing slippers that look like alligators. Does that count?

Comment

No dice.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Dammit.

Comment

But you can always edit your post to say "the trailer didn't knock my alligator slippers off."

Comment

Haha, revisionist history in footwear.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                          ...goopy and rubbery (albeit with plenty of CGI)...
                          http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ake-has-no-cgi

Hmmm...could have fooled me...stream of blood puke and the big yellow eyes sure look digitally enhanced...
                          Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

The MPAA slapped this one with an NC-17 rating, so it will be cut down to an R for theatrical release.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...medium=twitter

It's a pretty safe bet it'll get an uncut DVD/Blu-ray release, but that's not been confirmed yet.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

What year do we live in? I find it hard to believe it can be any worse than those SAW movies and whatnot that get away with R ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                                What year do we live in? I find it hard to believe it can be any worse than those SAW movies and whatnot that get away with R ratings.
                                Saw films are major studio releases and isn't Evil Dead Remake from a smaller studio? MPAA has always been tougher on small studios.

Comment

Working...
                                X