No announcement yet.

John Woo THE KILLER custom from HKR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They download as ISO files then you burn'em to disc.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Downloading these is a pain in the ass. Download is stored on some mega something, which is a paid product. If you get the free version, it downloads some files, then waits an hour unless you upgrade, then downloads a bit, then waits 2 hours....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        Downloading these is a pain in the ass. Download is stored on some mega something, which is a paid product. If you get the free version, it downloads some files, then waits an hour unless you upgrade, then downloads a bit, then waits 2 hours....
        Yeah I paid Mega $5 or whatever it was to just get it done.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I just messaged buddy to ask if there's an easier way. I might just end up doing the same, but holy shit, what a pain.

Comment

Once you get the Mega thing setup, it's pretty easy actually. It sucks to have to pay for it to get it to download quickly, but we are talking about almost 100GBs worth of content.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That sucks balls. I was looking at that site last night after Ian totally didn't recommend it and was impressed that there was a cult label offering downloads. But what a shitty way to do it. ISOs as well huh?.. thats kind of a hassle when i just want the movie file but I guess i can live with that.
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

The amount in Canadian to get the Mega 1 month was 8 bucks, but I did it just to make it easier. Otherwise, you're going back to your computer every 5 hours to download 2 more rar files.

Comment

FWIW, it's a pretty nice set once you get it all sorted.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I read that the basis of the visual restoration was the Dragon Dynasty blu. Isn't that the one that people have been saying is a shitty upscale for years?
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                      I read that the basis of the visual restoration was the Dragon Dynasty blu. Isn't that the one that people have been saying is a shitty upscale for years?
                      It's possible that it is but the colors look a lot better on this and there are 3 cuts of the movie and loads of extras. I just skimmed it last night but can post some caps later today.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

DD's The Killer Blu was not an upscale, but it was an unadjusted 1080i/25fps master. So it ran too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                          DD's The Killer Blu was not an upscale, but it was an unadjusted 1080i/25fps master. So it ran too fast.
                          That sounds better, I recall some people at BR.com saying that it was a PAL master, but they were probably just making assumptions based on the speed up.
                          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

It probably is a shitty, old HD master that isn't much of an improvement over the shitty PAL speed Dragon Dynasty DVD.

Comment

If you just want the movie and don't care about the extras, you can now download a 4k version.

https://www.hongkongrescue.com/produ...39982683095196
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

How long do HKR bluray orders usually take? I broke off the The Killer an Hard Boiled on like August 27 and nothing yet. No responses to email either. Just a Paypal invoice which I sent forwar to JRodefeld and..... nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X