No announcement yet.

The Official Walking Dead Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I was reading this a co-worker walked in and said "Well, I think that's it for me with the Walking Dead."

LOL
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Love that all the bandwagon folks who used to mock horror fans for liking Romero and Fulci are getting turned off of this for being "too gory".

Comment

• Negan isn't emotional enough, the zombie apocalypse is joyless, and she had to "wait around" for twenty whole minutes. HA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
          Love that all the bandwagon folks who used to mock horror fans for liking Romero and Fulci are getting turned off of this for being "too gory".
          Those people are pussies.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Love that all the bandwagon folks who used to mock horror fans for liking Romero and Fulci are getting turned off of this for being "too gory".
            I don't understand those people. It's always been a fairly graphic show.
            Originally posted by Keeth View Post
            Negan isn't emotional enough, the zombie apocalypse is joyless
            Personally, I thought Negan's one liners were dead funny. 'Dead funny'! Geddit?
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post

Personally, I thought Negan's one liners were dead funny. 'Dead funny'! Geddit?
              I think even the Crypt Keeper would cringe at that one, dude.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Didn't the author of that article write that she was a fan for "nearly a decade"?

https://twitter.com/ShaunnaLMurphy/s...64006288596993

"... waiting around for a secret this nasty and sadistic did not sound fun to me as a fan of nearly a decade."

Comment

• Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                  Didn't the author of that article write that she was a fan for "nearly a decade"?

https://twitter.com/ShaunnaLMurphy/s...64006288596993

"... waiting around for a secret this nasty and sadistic did not sound fun to me as a fan of nearly a decade."
                  I followed that Twitter link and all I saw was a header with a still from that godawful GHOSTBUSTERS 'reboot' and a reference to HARRY POTTER, and thought "I'm outta here"...

Does that make me a bad person, or just a sane one?

And why is something 'fire shit' (whatever that may be) if it's 'pessimistic'? What exactly has caused this reaction in people? Was it the violence (which has been in the show from the beginning)? Was it the fact that the violence was directed towards a central character (frankly, the series has a number of precedents for this)? Or was it the question of morality (ie, that Negan was punishing Rick's group for essentially acting as guns-for-hire and drawing 'first blood')? Was it the biblical overtones (Rick's dilemma with Carl echoing God's command that Abraham sacrifice his own son, Isaac)? I don't understand what's provoked such a strong backlash.
                  Paul L
                  Scholar of Sleaze
                  Last edited by Paul L; 10-25-2016, 03:36 PM.
                  'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                    I think even the Crypt Keeper would cringe at that one, dude.
                    I'm here all week. Try the veal ;)

Comment

• It seems there's a vocal portion of the net that watch the show just to bitch about it. Check out the incredibly pointless AV Club review and comments. If you're not enjoying the show don't watch it for Christ's sake.

Comment

• i enjoy The Walking Dead.

my only complaint with it goes back to the first season. some of the zombies were a bit amped up. moving fast, climbing fences, smashing glass with rocks and/or tools...

that stuff doesn't really float my zombie boat.

zombies making moaning sounds doesn't float my boat either but that one is a bit of a bigger problem cuz it happens in other things too

Comment

• First zombie in NOTLD used a rock to try to get at Barbara in the car. What kind of non-purists are you people? 😁

Comment

• Of all the reasons to hate this show, the number one trending reason is "I'm a huge vagina and this show is too mean for me?"

Comment

• Am I the only one who feels like Negan is channeling Sid Haig?

Comment

First zombie in NOTLD used a rock to try to get at Barbara in the car. What kind of non-purists are you people? ������
                                i could be wrong but possibly George Romero might agree that that bit is a bit goofy and not typical behavior for a zombie. the zombies in Night aren't necessarily what the zombies would become down the road. kinda like how a bands first (thinking New Order) album is a bit different from everything else...

anyway, that bit with the rock probably shouldn't have happened cuz the old man zombie shoulda started eating Johnny after he fell and hit his head. which i guess that killed him but didn't damage the brain...

Night is a great movie but some of the things the zombies do in it are scaled back as the series moves on

Comment

Working...
                                X