Yellowstone - Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner - Paramount Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
    They also have all 7 seasons of Sabrina: The Teenage Witch. "A teenager with special powers strives for a normal life". Check it out, Netflix.

Obligatory Yellowstone: Jimmy got better.
    Sabrina: The Teenage Witch was the example I used when pointing out the, "See? What is this fuckin horseshit?" element of Paramount+.

Comment

• Caught up with Mayor of Kingstown. What a bunch of hosers, eh.

Comment

• Fifth episode is the first to move my needle. Nice to see some big moves coming and old business coming to fruition.
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Oh, I thought the first episode of MAYOR OF KINGSTOWN was fantastic! Co-created by Hugh Dillon. I couldn't get into the second episode for some reason. I may wait and give the whole shebang a try again down the road. I'm not sure if I want to dive into such a grim show right now. Maybe try again on Tuesday.

Comment

• Kingstown's shaping up nicely. It's a bit of a Wire pastiche, without the journalist's responsibility to represent the social issues. I am as usual digging the southern Ontario locations. The world's tone and look shares more than just locations with the two pretty great seasons of BAD BLOOD: season one's based on Antonio Nicaso's very good book about Montreal's Rizzuto mafia family, while the second season just starts making shit up. Kingstown has some of that energy.

Yellowstone's still setting up for what I imagine will be a 2-season final arc. Maybe a little exacerbated by Sheridan juggling multiple shows, can't blame him for keeping a boiling pot on a back burner while he cranks the heat up under another pan. Dutton with those wounds in his side alone in the castle is some fisher king shit, and I wouldn't be surprised if Piper Perabo's gonna give him a groin injury.
            Barry M
            Super Fiend
            Last edited by Barry M; 11-29-2021, 01:24 PM. Reason: can't type for shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
              ..., and I wouldn't be surprised if Piper Perabo's gonna give him a groin injury.
              I was prepared to hate that whole subplot but I thought it worked just fine. I'm glad they brought up that vegetable farming kills plenty of critters, and hunting requires tags that contribute towards population control. Those animals are getting killed either by hunters or by feds.

You might be right about the groin surgeroy. I think a 2-season final arc would be just great! I love the scenes with Beth taking over Schwartz and Meyer and Jamie's business with his dad. Much more interesting then watching some poor kid eat hamburger helper.

I've been slacking on posting these things but you all know where youtube is.

Comment

• 1883 trailer just makes me wanta watch Lonesome Dove. It's a lot harder to do actual western these days than it is to do contemporary western vibe drama. Maybe if they cast Pierce Brosnan.

Can't imagine a 6666 spinoff is going to do much, no matter how much horse dick it has.

Paramount Plus has messed up the Mayor of Kingstown episodes -- five was there, now it's gone, and six isn't available yet. Wouldn't take too much to break this show.

Obligatory Yellowstone: I don't understand that one cool trick they used to herd those mustangs. Didn't look that hard.

Comment

• The finale was excellent. I was really moved by the scenes with Kayce and Luke Grimes was superb.
                  Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• I hate to admit it, but I tuned out on the show after the first 2 episodes. Just wasn't feeling it at all. I think the long layoff between seasons really put a damper on my enthusiasm. I'll try to go back at some point and catch up...
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• 1883's turning out to be the most engaging of these for me. Sam Elliott helps, and Tim McGraw's one-note glower power is no detriment. (I bet etsy already has James Dutton skins for those Rip Wheeler full-body pillows.) Wagon train still hasn't left Texas, so the progress is a little deliberate, and I remain puzzled why they don't just take the train to Oregon. Isabel May's fine, but I'm pretty sure Sheridan's mostly out of his depth writing women.

Kingstown's faster-paced, and well, silly, but it was always a bit of a comic book WIRE. Tobi Bamtefa as Bunny is great. I enjoy that it blows stuff up regularly, and pointing at the screen and shouting out locations I recognize is always fun. Dianne Wiest and Aidan Gillen are underused, but I hope they'll fix that.

Thought Yellowstone was stretched a little thin this season, but maybe some of that was covid rewrites: I wonder if they restricted the number of interactions for safety? Kayce in exile had some drama to it, but family drama suffered. Oh well, they can spend most of next season bringing the whole family back together, I guess.
                      Barry M
                      Super Fiend
                      Last edited by Barry M; 01-10-2022, 01:50 PM. Reason: i before e, n after n

Comment

• I've taken to calling them Wagon Train, Bonanza, and Gunsmoke, which no-one here thinks is funny.

Comment

• All shows need more Ward Bond.
                          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• "Yellowstone: the smash-hit TV show that exposed a cultural divide | Television | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ultural-divide

Interesting article on Yellowstone and Succession arguing, and I have no idea if it's true, that the viewerships for the superficially similar shows is emblematic of the cultural divide at the moment.Yellowstone ruling the roost in popularity, Succession in acclaim, while the two programs apparently draw their largest viewing numbers from very different markets. Succession killing it in New York and LA while Yellowstone dominates the big middle parts of the country.

I'm also watching The Righteous Gemstones at the moment. Interesting there are three programs at the moment all with the issue of succession at the centre. I'm guessing as populations age and people die later this is a more and more common issue.
                            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• The Blu-ray release of the first four seasons is on sale for $40.99.

https://amzn.to/3AJm235
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Where the hell did Scott go?
                                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                                X