Yellowstone - Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner - Paramount Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
    First two episodes hit prime in Canada. Most scar tissue show & tell since LBJ's gall bladder. Not sure how I feel about Poochie, the mini-Rip.
    I think the extended hiatus sapped the momentum it had going. 441 days since the last new episode. It wasn't bad but after the time jump ahead it felt a bit meandering. I was looking forward to Rip going on a rampage and we never got any of that. Instead we got him being a jerk to some poor kid. Two episodes after a huge cliffhanger and mostly everything got brushed aside and all the toys were put back in the box. It felt like a reset instead of a continuation of the larger plot.

We never spent time with any of the characters except Beth and Rip and there was very little dialogue discussing anything. Last season was a slow burn but it built up to an awesome climax. I expected the momentum to continue.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• I think the ratings momentum was of more concern to 'em. Crazy viewership growth last season (I blame you for this, Scott) means they can expect some new hands on the bandwagon (chuckwagon?), and they're trying to make an easy entry point for new viewers. Big action opening hook: we were owed that, and the squibs're in the budget. 1893 stuff origin story stuff; fine, I'm willing to google Tim McGraw. Settle down to establishing the characters (again), recaps, and yeah, resets: it's housekeeping. A new family unit at the center of the sprawling generational family drama, makes sense, and it's heartwarming Shirl-bait, though I think the writers' room sees a fresh hostage to fortune. Can't blame 'em for making it kind of the Beth Dutton Hour, honestly.

My sister was all "Have you seen YELLOWSTONE?" this weekend. I agreed Rip was the father her children deserved.

Comment

• I was blown away by the first 12 minutes of the season opener. But then found that I was having a difficult time relating to what was going on; did a bit of a "what the hell was I watching that year?" and I think there was a lot of characters done doin' what they wouldn't normally be doin. Hoping they get it back on track.

Beth with Krueger-back is still awesome Beth.

Comment

• Pitch: The Big Valley, but Barbara Stanwyck is Darkman.

Comment

• Trailer for the rest of the season:

'Half the Money' Behind the Story:

Comment

• Season 4, episode 2 'Phantom Pain' Behind the Story:

Comment

• I'm not sure what all this BS about Paramount+ is, but Sheridan's "Mayor of Kingstown" is set to premiere next Sunday at 10PM on regular Paramount network. Very excited to have two Sheridan shows to enjoy every week.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                  I'm not sure what all this BS about Paramount+ is, but Sheridan's "Mayor of Kingstown" is set to premiere next Sunday at 10PM on regular Paramount network. Very excited to have two Sheridan shows to enjoy every week.
                  So Paramount network just showed the first two episodes of "Kingstown" and are expecting people to sign up for Paramount+ to watch the rest. Eat my ass, I'll wait for the Blu-ray release.
                  Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• It's pretty much the only thing on the Paramount+ platform, unless you count the iCarly reboot.

Comment

• Man. I still have my Paramount+ because I got the first 3 months free, but I canceled it pretty damn quickly. It's probably a good idea that they have a little more content on there before they expect people to sign up for it.

Comment

• Oh, what Barry said.

Comment

• why do we not have an iCarly reboot thread

Comment

• People pls do not post og carly in the reboot thread. Final notice.

Comment

• Trending series: The King of Queens

Actually, Strange Angel is a pretty fucked up Rocketboys/Crowley mashup, but it kind of goes nowhere.

Comment

• They also have all 7 seasons of Sabrina: The Teenage Witch. "A teenager with special powers strives for a normal life". Check it out, Netflix.

Obligatory Yellowstone: Jimmy got better.

Comment

Working...
                                X