No announcement yet.

Yellowstone - Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner - Paramount Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm "paying it forward" from this group; I've gotten a ton of people into this show and they all love it.

Comment

• You're doing the Lord's work, Mark. Good on ya'.

While I'm excited about this news I'm also very leery. I'm afraid of franchises. I cannot think of a single thing I like that is a franchise. I'm not interested in bedsheets and Happy Meals. (I say that even though I tried emailing one of the producers to ask if they had any promotional swag. I received no response) One of the things that I like about YELLOWSTONE is it leaves me wanting more. It's short and strong and has since been announced as being finite. I trust Taylor, so as long as he's writing it I think everything will be fine.

Obviously I will only watch if it grabs me and the quality is there but I'm kind of hoping this prequel is only a mini series or one season. Being a period piece it's going to be pricey. My first reaction when I read the news is it sounds like the recent-ish AMC series THE SON starring Pierce Brosnan which tells the tale of a Texas oil baron and how his family came to settle the area. It was only two seasons long. The first season was just ok but the second season was excellent. It obviously cost AMC a lot of money and seemed to be cut short to a quick ending. I like that Paramount knows what they have with Taylor and are proud to back him.
      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
        You're doing the Lord's work, Mark. Good on ya'.

While I'm excited about this news I'm also very leery. I'm afraid of franchises. I cannot think of a single thing I like that is a franchise. I'm not interested in bedsheets and Happy Meals. (I say that even though I tried emailing one of the producers to ask if they had any promotional swag. I received no response) One of the things that I like about YELLOWSTONE is it leaves me wanting more. It's short and strong and has since been announced as being finite. I trust Taylor, so as long as he's writing it I think everything will be fine.

Obviously I will only watch if it grabs me and the quality is there but I'm kind of hoping this prequel is only a mini series or one season. Being a period piece it's going to be pricey. My first reaction when I read the news is it sounds like the recent-ish AMC series THE SON starring Pierce Brosnan which tells the tale of a Texas oil baron and how his family came to settle the area. It was only two seasons long. The first season was just ok but the second season was excellent. It obviously cost AMC a lot of money and seemed to be cut short to a quick ending. I like that Paramount knows what they have with Taylor and are proud to back him.
        I would love to see the return of the self-contained mini-series. So much episodic television these days is a chore and a serious time commitment, I'm hesitant to get into new stuff.

Comment

• Me too. I'm turning to an old close-minded cotter.

Comment

• I actually enjoyed The Son more than Yellowstone. But yeah, the ending seemed a bit abrupt. Maybe Yellowstone needs more scalping?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roderick View Post
              I actually enjoyed The Son more than Yellowstone. But yeah, the ending seemed a bit abrupt. Maybe Yellowstone needs more scalping?
              Probably but you can say that about most shows.
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Season 3 felt a little like another trip to the Sheridan well: cool and gratifying enough, but the dipper handle's smooth and shiny, and maybe the level's getting a little low down there? The MMIW thing as entertainment, I dunno.

Asbille is pretty great in a supporting cowgirl role in FARGO season 4, by the way.

Now I want to watch SILVERADO. Why do we not have a SILVERADO thread? There was a whole GQ fashion spread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                  Season 3 felt a little like another trip to the Sheridan well: cool and gratifying enough, but the dipper handle's smooth and shiny, and maybe the level's getting a little low down there? The MMIW thing as entertainment, I dunno.

Asbille is pretty great in a supporting cowgirl role in FARGO season 4, by the way.

Now I want to watch SILVERADO. Why do we not have a SILVERADO thread? There was a whole GQ fashion spread.
                  Damn. SILVERADO. Blast from the past.

Comment

• I was getting a haircut this morning and one of the women who works there asked me out of the blue if I watch YELLOWSTONE, haha! We proceeded to dish on the show for the entire time I was there. I think the dude that cuts my hair got pissed because he doesn't watch it and thus was locked out of the conversation. That gal didn't even know that Kelly Reilly is English. We both agreed we can't wait for the next season. I also clued her in on the forthcoming prequel.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                      I was getting a haircut this morning and one of the women who works there asked me out of the blue if I watch YELLOWSTONE, haha! We proceeded to dish on the show for the entire time I was there. I think the dude that cuts my hair got pissed because he doesn't watch it and thus was locked out of the conversation. That gal didn't even know that Kelly Reilly is English. We both agreed we can't wait for the next season. I also clued her in on the forthcoming prequel.
                      LOL that's awesome!

My coworker's dad watches it and started to talk him about it one day. He said to him, "Hey, you like Kevin Costner right?" To which my coworker responded, "I already know all about YELLOWSTONE, Pop, Scott won't shut up about it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        LOL that's awesome!

My coworker's dad watches it and started to talk him about it one day. He said to him, "Hey, you like Kevin Costner right?" To which my coworker responded, "I already know all about YELLOWSTONE, Pop, Scott won't shut up about it."
                        Haha! That woman today is the first person I've talked to locally that watches the show. I've sung its praises to all and sundry but I don't know if anyone has followed up.

Comment

• Saw this at the checkout at the grocery store this morning. Didn't pick it up (it's 20 bucks) but it looks interesting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00A_ci0121-793x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	359504

Comment

• Twenty bucks! I had a subscription to that magazine a couple years back. My niece was selling magazine subscriptions and this was the only one that stood out.

It's a very odd magazine. It would have great albeit brief interviews and turned me onto a few films and musicians. There's good historical pieces on Native Americans and southwest artists.

But most of it is ads for women's western wear and turquoise jewelry, juxtaposed to ads for multi-million dollar ranches and high society wine parties. It's very schizophrenic.

That Taylor interview was posted on their website, I think I summed most of it up in this thread. Here's the article:

https://www.cowboysindians.com/2020/12/taylor-sheridan/

Comment

• I didn't realize that was the interview you talked about earlier.

20 bucks, while outrageous, isn't really shocking for a magazine these days. The rebooted Fangoria is the same price, and plenty of others are as well. I guess it's down to the ever shrinking market for print. It's gotta be something really appealing for me to lay down that kind of cash though. Thankfully, I got the new Shock Cinema the other day and it's still 5 dollars.

Comment

• Jeremy Renner To Star In Taylor Sheridan's 'Mayor Of Kingstown' For Paramount+; Antoine Fuqua To Exec Produce

https://deadline.com/2021/02/jeremy-...00230/#respond

Dude is on fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X