Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elijah Wood Is The Killer In MANIAC Remake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my comment was based entirely on my Missus' reaction. The film could easily be regarded as misogynistic by some.

Comment

I like your ballsy taste in date night movies Clive. Sure it can go horribly wrong, but I always say - go big or go home.

Comment

Thanks, Horace. My wife's generally inured to a lot of the crap I watch, but she closed her eyes a couple of times during this baby. "... get out of the kitchen."

Comment

Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
          Thanks, Horace. My wife's generally inured to a lot of the crap I watch, but she closed her eyes a couple of times during this baby. "... get out of the kitchen."
          Haha..I agree 100% with Horace....Clive, I admire your balls in taking a female you are involved with to this movie!

DEFINITELY a test of a relationship on most counts!

Is a girl still tlaks to you the day after seeing it together, she's a keeper!!!

Seeing as my other half didn't want to see GHOST RIDER on account that Rider was a bit scary looking....... I am in two minds as to whether or not to take her to see this one...

Comment

Still eagerly awaiting the day when I can see this one!!!

Comment

Korean poster. Neat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Maniac_Korean_Poster_4_24_13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	342948
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, that's great. I wish some other folks on here could see this and pump some opinions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  Korean poster. Neat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6292[/ATTACH]
                  Damn, that mannequin on the left has some serious titties! She better be in it.

Comment

HAHA...nice to see on that Korean poster that they say..... (LORD OF THE RINGS) Elijah Wood

I can feel that many people will go into Korean theaters and get a bit of a shock!!!!

Comment

• I just wanna see the fucking thing already. Legally and in good quality. So that I can argue with Clive on the internet.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Elijah Wood Is The Killer In MANIAC Remake!

Bring it.

Comment

• Wouldn't watch the Korean release anyway...it will be cut to bits!!

Comment

• I don't believe it was mentioned yet that this is getting a Blu-ray release in France on 7/3/13.

2-disc set. Extras are stated as:

Edition Collector en boí®tier SteelBook
                            Contient :
                            - le Blu-ray du film
                            - le CD Audio de la bande originale du film
                            Making of
                            Red Band Trailer
                            Bande-annonce

So I'm guessing that 2nd disc is the CD.

Still no fucking word from IFC on a domestic release.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Seen it!

Liked it a lot.......Elijah is no Joe Spinell...and they have made him into more of a Norman Bates type personality on this version..and they also explained why he kills people (did they explain this in the original??..Cant remember)

It is VERY gory in parts..The scalpings are very realistic..and a few of the nastier parts even had ME looking away a bit!!!

The tacky "model photo shoot" is gone..but in a different way...and most of the beats of the original are in there....LOVED the reflection shot on the car door!!!!

The P_O_V shots that make up most of the movie are ok when you get used to it...But Elijahs voice is a bit unnerving...

The "romance" is a little more easy to take with Elijah rather than Spinell as well

There are a few genuine suprises...but I was a bit irked by the "why is there absolutely no one else around a busy city to help" ..Things were a little too easy for the MANIAC!!!..

Also, everything appeared too "clean" in this version..not seedy like the original!!

Overall, good remake, VERY violent, Very bloody , well made...and with a few twists to keep it on its merry way!!!

Wish I'd seen it in the theater...but there was NO CHANCE it would get through uncut over here I think!~!

Oh, and no need to worry about the lack of mannequins...There are in the remake even more than the original I think!!....
                              sukebanboy
                              Last edited by sukebanboy; 05-12-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• I thought it was ok. Agreed that Wood is no Spinell -- he really is a one-of-a-kind actor. Glad they didn't try to find someone who looked and acted like him. The POV style got tiresome for me, though. But, yeah -- very violent and gory -- they didn't wimp out. I still prefer the original, though.

Also, I thought it was great that modern downtown LA worked so well as a grimy, nasty location in lieu of Times Square from the early 80's. Much more effective than I expected it to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X