Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elijah Wood Is The Killer In MANIAC Remake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
    The chances of them getting something even REMOTELY similar to the iconic poster released of the original in these politically/ socially correct times is so small that there isnt a number small enough to describe it!!!
    I read this the other day and was somewhat confused about what you're seeing in society right now. When a movie like KICK-ASS has a fairly successful theatrical run, high school kids are downloading SERBIAN FILM and a show like BREAKING BAD is immensely popular I can't really buy into that line of thinking. In spite of whatever warnings they might see kids are watching Adult Swim and Comedy Central. Regardless of what's on the poster this film appears to have a lot of sexual violence and my guess is nobody's gonna make much of a stink about it, not like back in the day when that was a HUGE no-no. We live in fairly loose times, all things considered.

Plus, I think this movie looks pretty decent and look forward to it maybe showing up on Netflix streaming.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

No no please dont misunderstand..I wasnt talking about the film.....

I was ONLY talking about the poster for the movie.....and the fact that they would NEVER make a poster like that to advertise a movie these days as too many people would complain.....and that must have lead to the rather tame POSTER we have to advertise this (obviously) violent remake.....not really in the same "spirit" as the poster used to sell the original...

Sure, I doubt many would ,make a fuss about the MOVIE...but if they saw the original DVD cover in BEST BUY or whatever, the usual stink would arise (probably)..I am sure it would offend some..

Comment

The more reviews I read about this ..the more convinced I am it is going to be good ...9 out of 10 reviews are positive and mostly like this..

Technically flawless, the film sounds and looks incredible. Focused, dark and deeply disturbing, Maniac creates an atmosphere of which I haven't experienced in a cinema in quite some time. One of the best films this year has had to offer so far.
        They only point out that it is NOT for everyone...and that the female characters are pretty wooden...

They also say...

that it will NOT be uncut when released in America or Uk....that the effects are VERY good...That mr Wood is not in th e movie all that much..but when he is he is very good ...

They say FRANCE will get this just after Christmas...not sure when the rest of us will...

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
          that it will NOT be uncut when released in America or Uk
          Then I'll wait for a DVD/Blu-ray, which will probably be uncut.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            Then I'll wait for a DVD/Blu-ray, which will probably be uncut.
            But can you afford to miss this one if it plays in a theater near you???

i would LOVE to see this in the theater..Preferably with a load of Elijah Wood fans who wont know WTF is going o and be horribly scarred for life after watching it!!!!

Comment

Honestly, if it's going to be released cut in theaters, yeah, knowing that ahead of time I'll probably skip it and wait for home video.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

But you can't get the sleaze and violence in the full theatrical experience at home!!!

Comment

And you won't get it in a cut theatrical presentation either!
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And you won't get it in a cut theatrical presentation either!
                    You'll get it a LITTLE...

But I was thinking of the ATMOSPHERE of seeing this in a theater....won't be the same sat at home...

Comment

I'm more reclusive as I get older I guess. Give me my couch and a six pack with an HDTV and a Blu-ray player over an overpriced theater full of smart phone junkies any day of the week. That's not to say I don't enjoy the theatrical experience, I do, I just have trouble justifying the costs lately and tend to have a fairly serious hate boner for 75% of the people sitting around me.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Haha...I know the feeling believe me.....

But SOMETIMES a movie is worth the effort......For me, this one might just be tempting enough to try and get to see it on the big screen.....

Comment

By way of Fangoria, a new international trailer loaded with blood and possibly spoilers!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The more i see of this one.......The more I want to see it......

Now, if you had told me I would feel that way back when this one was announced with f-ing FRODO as joe Spinell, I would have openly laughed in your face.......But now......I am confident this one will be good!

Comment

Frodo played a good psycho in Sin City, no reason he can't do the same here.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Frodo played a good psycho in Sin City, no reason he can't do the same here.
                                Ohhh....forgot about that Ian!!

But come on...JOE SPINELL was in a WHOLE other class of sleaze in MANIAC!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X