No announcement yet.

The Random Shaw Brothers Viewing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got their last ones for around £25 each delivered. Still pricey, but consider it costs me £20 for Code Red's junk movies. Most German releases are £20-25 ish anyway. They know suckers will pay it But many argue that they are small run L.E's so the price is justified.

I will only buy something like One Armed Swordsman if it also includes the English audio track as well as English subs on the Mandarin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Coming to Blu-ray from Film Art in 2016, no word on Eng. subs or audio yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14536[/ATTACH]
      I have the limited edition hard box dvd with cover art A (the same as the pic posted) & it has English subs, so hopefully this release will too. Interesting tidbit is that both Yuen Biao & Mars are in this flick as pirates.

Comment

• IVL is releasing a blu ray of the Chang Cheh directed THE BOXER FROM SHANTUNG starring Chen Kuan-tai and David Chiang. It is available for pre-order now.

Comment

• They're releasing Love On Delivery as well.

http://www.buyoyo.com/buyoyo/eng/Pro...58279&prtype=0
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

They're releasing Love On Delivery as well.

http://www.buyoyo.com/buyoyo/eng/Pro...58279&prtype=0
            Nice catch! I totally missed that one the first time I looked at SB pre-orders. One of my fave Stephen Chow films, so definitely going to get that one. :up:

Comment

• Here's a video review/unboxing of the THE FATAL FLYING GUILLOTINES TVP Vengeance Media Book blu ray/dvd in German. Anyone fluent in Deutsche care to translate?

Comment

• Boxer From Shantung is now out on Blu.

http://www.yesasia.com/the-boxer-fro...0-en/info.html
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Boxer From Shantung is now out on Blu.

http://www.yesasia.com/the-boxer-fro...0-en/info.html
                  Nice that they didn't just port over the artwork from the dvd release but man, $40 is a rip compared to buyoyo even with free shipping included.

Comment

• According to the T.V.P. Vengeance facebook page, the SBs Ho Meng-hua directed THE FLYING GUILLOTINE with Chen Kuan-tai is getting a blu ray release the first quarter of this year. Nice artwook on the mediabook version. :up:

Comment

• Yes TVP do very nice packages. Not likely to have English option though since its a Celestial Shaw Brothers title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                        Yes TVP do very nice packages. Not likely to have English option though since its a Celestial Shaw Brothers title.
                        Are you sure about that? I own most of their previous SB releases like THE SAVAGE FIVE, FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS, 7 MAN ARMY, THE SHAOLIN AVENGERS, etc and they all had English subtitles & most had English dubs as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by 47lab View Post
                          Are you sure about that? I own most of their previous SB releases like THE SAVAGE FIVE, FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS, 7 MAN ARMY, THE SHAOLIN AVENGERS, etc and they all had English subtitles & most had English dubs as well.
                          All recent German Celestial Shaw releases have not had English. Celestial are preventing it. TVP even said so themselves on Facebook. Unfortunate but true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                            All recent German Celestial Shaw releases have not had English. Celestial are preventing it. TVP even said so themselves on Facebook. Unfortunate but true.
                            Ok, thanks for the info. That sucks for sure. I haven't been following all their releases of late & the last one I bought was DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN which fortunately still had English subtitles before Celestial put a gag order on them. btw, do you know which titles were the last to still have English subs?
                            Last edited by 47lab; 02-09-2016, 06:20 PM. Reason: ask a question

Comment

• THE DEADLY DUO release from FilmArt was the last martial arts one I know to have English subs. Those Filmart ones since (BLACK MAGIC, THE DUEL) do not. THE MIGHTY PEKING MAN and SUPER INFRA MAN do have English subs (for some reason this was not stopped by Celestial?)

In terms of the older TVP releases not sure which was the last to have English. I do know the following titles have at least English subs (some also have the English dub):

NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN
                              RETURN OF THE 5 DEADLY VENOMS
                              5 SHAOLIN MASTERS
                              DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN
                              SHAOLIN AVENGERS
                              5 MAN ARMY
                              THE SAVAGE 5

Also the Shaw Blu rays from MVL do NOT have English (INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN, SHAOLIN TEMPLE, MAD MONKEY KUNG FU, KILLER CLANS, HEROES TWO, 36 CHAMBERS TRILOGY, BLOOD BROTHERS, BOXER FROM SHANTUNG, HEROIC ONES)
                              Bogart
                              Last edited by Bogart; 02-10-2016, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 47lab View Post
                                I bought their release of 5 shaolin masters, it's my all-time favorite Shaw Brothers film, and now i'm glad to finally own the English dub and Chinese with Subs release on one disc, I had to buy two versions of dvd to get both previously. Not to mention it's in hi-def now, overall a really nice release, didnt get the mediabook, wish I had known about it.
                                Mark C.
                                Last edited by Mark C.; 02-10-2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X