Legendary Cat III film UNTOLD STORY coming to Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
    The Untold Story has been passed uncut by the BBFC after being submitted by 88.
    Interesting, even a few short years ago I'd have said that would never happen. Not mad at being proven wrong though.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Now that 88 are heavily getting into the UHD market, I hope there's a 4k master that they can put out.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
        The Untold Story has been passed uncut by the BBFC after being submitted by 88.
        But as with the Female Street Fighter set from Arrow, does uncut necessairy mean completely uncensored?

Comment

Cover art for the 88 Films release.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FqBQvAIXsAYcF19.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	410381
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rewatched this on Shudder and its good but doesn't top my list of CATIII.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardrli View Post
              But as with the Female Street Fighter set from Arrow, does uncut necessairy mean completely uncensored?
              No, not necessarily, because the BBFC doesn't list pre-cuts by the distributor or optical censorship like zooming, pixelation or fogging. That having been said, I see no reason why there would be any censorship shenanigans in regards to UNTOLD STORY under the current legal guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Holecheck View Post

We get into it a little bit on the commentary, but it's worth noting that the CAT III designation became more than just a rating, it was also a marketing tool, so it's not uncommon to see titles like TAXI HUNTER, BLUE JEAN MONSTER, etc. promoted as CAT III films when they actually received a lesser rating. A good example is this laserdisc of RETRIBUTION SIGHT UNSEEN (aka 3 DAYS OF A BLIND GIRL) that just popped up on eBay -- the film is officially a II, but that didn't stop them from slapping a big old CAT III sticker on it:
                I missed your comment in 2020! D'oh!

Nod, yeah I guess. I've also recently seen a laserdisc of TAXI HUNTER that had a newer CAT III sticker over the original CAT II rating. But I still think it's silly advertising just because it's become "cool" (or whatever) for fans to buy "CAT III" films. It's like calling a horror film a video nasty even if it were never actually banned as such in the UK.

And in reg. to TAXI HUNTER: I saw recently that 88 Films *have* actually put a CAT III stamp on the cover of their upcoming bluray. >sigh<
                2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Working...
                X