Legendary Cat III film UNTOLD STORY coming to Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legendary Cat III film UNTOLD STORY coming to Blu-ray

Yeah, I don't know how this flew under my radar. Looks really promising, at least compared to the lackluster DVD releases:

Second half of 2018, sadly, and no word on English subs yet. But still, motherfuckin' UNTOLD motherfuckin' STORY on motherfuckin' BD!!
    Ian Jane
    Administrator
    Last edited by Ian Jane; 02-28-2023, 10:45 AM.

If it's English friendly I'm all over this but am going to hold onto my old Tai Seng DVD for now, just in case.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hope it retains that Anthony Wong commentary.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

When my buddy found out about this, he emailed Koch to ask if there were going to English subs and the reply was guarded optimism. But that was a couple months ago or longer, so I don't know if anything has changed. Even if it's German only, it's no big deal to add .srt English subs & time them correctly for this release. So I'm getting it either way for the upgrade in PW alone and adding my own subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          If it's English friendly I'm all over this but am going to hold onto my old Tai Seng DVD for now, just in case.
          I think just in terms of pure PQ, the cultcine DVD is the best (anamorphic + color correction), then the German Raptor LE and then the Tai Seng. I have all 3 but none of them are anything to write home about & for sure this Blu Ray will trump them all.

Comment

This is awesome, I do hope it will have English subs.

Comment

Gargantuan news. Subs or not, a big sale for me!

Comment

Pre-order page, no English subs listed.

https://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php...asd0unvas7cbl7
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just as well it's not English friendly, way too much coming out in November, and my selfish family and friends will expect Christmas presents. How needy.
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

No subs but that just means a little more effort from the custom fan subbers. I'm sure the majority of us here know about CG & ADC, so this won't be an issue at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
                      No subs but that just means a little more effort from the custom fan subbers. I'm sure the majority of us here know about CG & ADC, so this won't be an issue at all.
                      ADC?
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
                        How do you even do that if you were to buy the blu-ray let's say?
                        I love this film, but will wait for a English friendly version, My ultimate release would be a blu-ray boxset of this one and all it's sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                          ADC?
                          Abbreviation for the tracker AsianDVDclub.

Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
                          How do you even do that if you were to buy the blu-ray let's say?
                          I love this film, but will wait for a English friendly version, My ultimate release would be a blu-ray boxset of this one and all it's sequels.
                          You would need a blu ray drive to rip the BD to your PC, extract the file and then add the subs.

Comment

Agent999 - I saw you mentioned you picked this up, can you confirm if it is English-friendly or not? Any thoughts on the disc itself, the extras?
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The film itself isn't English friendly. From a quick look it is proper HD though and looks nice (not stunning but I think that's just the film's low budget nature). Extras are all English friendly:

Anthony Wong commentary
                              Herman Yau commentary
                              Herman Yau Q and A
                              Cat III docementary (everyone speaks English, the clips are mostly bits from trailers)

I justified a purchase from Amzon by having €20 off the order, otherwise this disc is really expensive. Like Koch's other mediabooks there aren't any pretty pictures in the book for my inner five year old.
                              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                              X