No announcement yet.

The Official Walking Dead Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So last weekend's season finale for season two set a new viewing record for AMC.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/03/20...inale-ratings/

I didn't watch the second season so I'll reserve comment until I catch up with it on Blu-ray, but it's cool to see a horror show doing this well.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

If you can get past the slow early episodes of S2, you get a great payoff toward the latter half.
      And throw the comic storylines/continuity out the window.
      This series has made my wife a zombie fan, so I got that much out of it.

Comment

The tv series is ok, but the comic is soooooo much better. I don't like how they are departing from the comic so drastically in parts, especially when they have great story lines to draw from. I understand they can't do everything, but there are some choices that they've made that are questionable.

Comment

I still think the comic series ripped off Deadworld.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

OK, so evidently the series is doing some amazing things for Walking Dead back issues...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/...0-1-hits-1830/
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Finally caught up with this one. Didn't actually sit and down and watch it myself but it was on in rooms I was in so I dipped in and out.

Firstly these characters are dumb. Even for horror movie characters they are so stupid that it's hard to follow their plight with anything but contempt. They camp out under the stars just on the edge of a major city, light camp fires, don't have so much as a doberman to sound the alarm and then act shocked when they get eaten. I'm rooting for the zombies. It's important for the sake of humanity that these characters get eaten. You don't want these bastards breeding.

Secondly, the first series was pretty gripping. It mines every post apocalyptic cliche it can from The Day of the Triffids opening, to the group stuck in the department store with zombies outside but did them fairly well. There's a reason these setups are cliche. They work.

The second series not so much. I watched the first half dozen episodes impatiently waiting for them to get off the farm before realising with horror that they were never getting off the farm. What's the point of a zombie show when our heroes are camped in the middle of nowhere exactly where the zombies aren't? The writers struggles to get any sort of traction in the storytelling are way to obvious and I lost all interest/will to live.
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...to-get-better/
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Some pretty wacky limited edition packaging for the S2 Blu-ray release:

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That is fucking awesome!

Comment

I'm forever wondering where I left my screw. Driver.

Comment

Some info on season three here. Just passing it along. Haven't seen S2 yet so maybe the article sucks, I dunno.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          Haven't seen S2 yet so maybe the article sucks, I dunno.
                          Well, it wasn't proofread, that's for sure.

Comment

Did I write it?

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                              Did I write it?
                              Nope, this wasn't a Toidd type mistake ("The Governor, Michonne and more are disgussed and we get to see a decent amount of gore").

Comment

oh yeah...that wasn't me. At least sentences sense make my.

Comment

Working...
                                X