No announcement yet.

The Official Walking Dead Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't explain him directing the Resident Evil 2 commercial and trying to do the movie too.

If he directed an episode it would have really shoddy CGI and the most ham-fisted message about racism or the class system that you can imagine. And a zombie will be Rick's best friend.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
      Doesn't explain him directing the Resident Evil 2 commercial and trying to do the movie too.

If he directed an episode it would have really shoddy CGI and the most ham-fisted message about racism or the class system that you can imagine. And a zombie will be Rick's best friend.
      RESIDENT EVIL could have been easier for him to do what he wanted with the material to a certain degree....Certainly in regards as to what his particular message woudl be (however ham-fistedly he delivered it).....It certainly would not have been a soap opera with a few zombies in it!!!

And you may laugh at certain directions Romero has taken and his ham-fistedness.....but at least he follows his own path (more or less)

Comment

• So did Bruno Mattei. Just saying.

Okay, that went too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          So did Bruno Mattei. Just saying.

Okay, that went too far.
          Hey..I hope you aint dissin Mattei now too.......Things WILL get serious if you overstep THAT line

Comment

• Oh man, Season 4 has been kicking ass. Mid-season finale was amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Oh, he's right. It definitely is a soap opera. Has been from the start. That's part of what I like about it though.
              Well isnt every american TV-series a soap opera in disguise? I mean, it does not matter if they are tracking serial killers, escaping from prison or fighting zombies, it all revolves around the characters emotions regarding eachother. That is why I wont become caught up in this TV-series craze that seems to be the trend lately.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Technically comics are soap operas.

Comment

• This looks rad.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I played through the first season.... basically like a choose your own adventure game. I found it interesting, but what annoyed me was when I finished it I realized no matter what choices you make while playing though, the story ends the same way.

Comment

• ^^ This. And the choices in the game, no matter how innocuous or mundane, always seem to end with someone hating your character. The fact that there are unlockable achievements/trophys for gameplay that essentially amounts to watching a movie, is insulting. It's almost a game for people who have never played video games, much like the show is for people who have never watched zombie movies.

PS. I have mostly enjoyed the comics, but have not enjoyed the TV show much. The number of unlikeable characters and piss-poor writing that changes the behaviour of the original comic characters (ie. makes them more dumb) make it painful to watch.

PPS.
                      Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                      ... character, who in truth was bloody annoying for three whole seasons, dies - and the episode ending with a fade to black and no music over the credits, as if to underscore that this is a really serious and solemn moment).
                      Quoted since I just caught up to this episide and it is indeed a lowlight of the series.

Comment

• I Really Hate The Walking Dead

It's a fantastic game, really capitalizing on the series' strengths.
                        It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Zombies are not funny. No. There's nothing funny to me about the concept of a corpse eating me alive. The end, from Todd.

Comment

• Two cannibals are eating a clown and one say's to the other one "Does this taste funny to you?"

Comment

• The bifurcated zombie dog in Return of the Living Dead was pretty funny.

"Send more kibble."

Comment

Working...
                                X