School me on IRON MAIDEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott View Post

I was curious about picking up a copy of MAIDEN JAPAN, then I read that cassette wasn't official and goes for crazy money now! Too bad.
    I was thinking it must be on one of the cd reissues of one of the albums but maybe not? I looked around a little and didn't see it on any. I still have my old vinyl copy.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Maiden Japan was issued as a 12 inch single ep. In the Uk, you can occasionally find it in second hand stores. It was also issued as part of their first ten years re-issues in 1990, I think they can be both found on discogs. They are relatively hard to find, but no where near the scope of rarity that is the Soundhouse tapes.

Comment

This is awesome. Bruce in 1985 trying to sell LIVE AFTER DEATH on the streets of NY.

And a SOMEWHERE IN TIME Tour commercial:

"When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

From 12 WASTED YEARS via the MAIDEN ENGLAND '88 dvd.
          Scott
          Intellectual Carrot
          Last edited by Scott; 06-06-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Are Iron Maiden getting ready to reveal details on their new album? The internets sure seem to think so. Lot of cryptic hints being dropped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eohrlr64t7871.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	360209

Comment

That's awesome! The last couple weekends I spent revisiting the History of Iron Maiden dvds, along with all their old concerts and whatnot. Then started watching some of their rebirth era concerts. I wish Steve would release the fourth part of their History docs, even if it's going to be the roughest period, post Seventh Son thru the Blaze era.

I was going to make a joke too in the KISS thread. In so many ways Maiden seem like the complete opposite of KISS, at least as far as personality and humbleness is concerned. I can't say I actually know any of them but all the Maiden guys seem like good regular blokes who all just happen to be multi-millionaire musicians. And even though Maiden markets the heck out of themselves with all kind of bric-a-brac it somehow feels less cynical than the KISS machine. I won't even begin to compare music/talent. I did like how in the History doc (Part 1?) it covers that early tour they both did together and it seems like they all got on great. How could they not, it looked like a blast!

Looking forward to the new album and whatever else they continue to do.

Comment

I remember seeing this commercial once on Nickelodeon, of all networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

I was going to make a joke too in the KISS thread. In so many ways Maiden seem like the complete opposite of KISS, at least as far as personality and humbleness is concerned. I can't say I actually know any of them but all the Maiden guys seem like good regular blokes who all just happen to be multi-millionaire musicians. And even though Maiden markets the heck out of themselves with all kind of bric-a-brac it somehow feels less cynical than the KISS machine. I won't even begin to compare music/talent. I did like how in the History doc (Part 1?) it covers that early tour they both did together and it seems like they all got on great. How could they not, it looked like a blast!
                  From my own experience, Steve Harris at least is cool as fuck. Me and a couple buddies waited around outside the back of the old Charlotte Coliseum after seeing them on the Powerslave tour and Harris, Dave Murray and Adrian Smith came out and hung around for about 30 minutes. Steve was drinking a beer and I talked to him mostly. He was incredibly laid back and humble. Just a regular guy. I knew he was a big UFO fan like I am so I brought them up and we talked about different albums of theirs. He signed a magazine for me as well. I still have it somewhere, I think it was a RIP magazine.

Comment

Man, that's awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by James Reed View Post
                      I remember seeing this commercial once on Nickelodeon, of all networks.

I'm pretty sure I saw this on MTV back when. Neat to see it again!

Comment

• I'm watching MAIDEN ENGLAND '88 again because that's my obsession and Bruce makes a crack to Nicko before Running Hills about Richard Branson that I've never been able to make out. Something about the Sooty Show and condos. Not quite spacechirps but still, topical. Rich twatters (sorry Ian).

Comment

• Supposedly Maiden is going to release a YouTube video today - speculation is it's possibly a new single with an album to follow in the coming weeks. There are teaser "Writing on the Wall" vids out there.

Edit - the video drops at 6 pm UK time- 1 pm est.
                          Andrew Monroe
                          Pallid Hands
                          Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 07-15-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Nice! Can't wait to see what they've done!

Comment

• Edit - that first video I posted had messed up audio, this is better.

Andrew Monroe
                              Pallid Hands
                              Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 07-15-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• That was uninspired. Is it just me, or was the production horrible? Sounds like home recordings patched together.
                                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X