No announcement yet.

School me on IRON MAIDEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like it. None of their post classic albums are gonna wow me the same way those did but this is totally listenable. Their sound production has never been as good as it was under Martin Birch.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
      None of their post classic albums are gonna wow me the same way those did but this is totally listenable.

Same here, but I do like this one. Parts of it, particularly the intro, have a hard rock vibe, kinda 70s. The solos are pretty great. I've only listened a few times but it's made more of an impression than Book of Souls. Lots of throwback references in the video too.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
        Same here, but I do like this one. Parts of it, particularly the intro, have a hard rock vibe, kinda 70s. The solos are pretty great. I've only listened a few times but it's made more of an impression than Book of Souls. Lots of throwback references in the video too.
        Agreed, the intro is great. As much as I love Bruce I always wished for a full instrumental album from them.

Comment

• So the new album is called Senjutsu and it's coming 9/3/21.

Pre-order will be up 7/21/21.

Track listing:

1. Senjutsu
          2. Stratego
          3. The Writing On The Wall
          4. Lost In A Lost World
          5. Days Of Future Past
          6. The Time Machine
          7. Darkest Hour
          8. Death Of The Celts
          9. The Parchment
          10. Hell On Earth

Senjutsu will be released on:

Standard 2CD Digipak
          Deluxe 2CD Book Format
          Deluxe heavyweight 180G Triple Black Vinyl
          Special edition Silver & Black / Red & Black Marble Vinyls (from selected retailers)
          Super Deluxe Boxset
          Digital (Stream & Download)

Click image for larger version

Name:	E6qTtxsXIAMkQhd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	360290
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I finally watched the video for WRITING ON THE WALL. I like the idea but the quality is cheap as hell. Similar idea to Sturgill Simpson's SOUND AND FURY but yikes, with a zero budget. Maiden should be able to afford better animation than this.

Comment

• "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                I finally watched the video for WRITING ON THE WALL. I like the idea but the quality is cheap as hell. Similar idea to Sturgill Simpson's SOUND AND FURY but yikes, with a zero budget. Maiden should be able to afford better animation than this.
                Quoted for truth. I love Sturgill's stuff but had the same reaction, the animation is crappy there as it is here.

Decent enough song though. I can't imagine that Maiden is going to recapture their glory days ever again, but they still put out good records pretty consistently and that's not a bad thing.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  Quoted for truth. I love Sturgill's stuff but had the same reaction, the animation is crappy there as it is here.
                  I meant I really like the animation in SOUND & FURY and the one in the Maiden video is awful in comparison.

I agree, their consistency is one of their best attributes. I'm surprised they're still going strong.

Comment

• I thought the animation of the Maiden video looked cheap too, but I did like all the little old school references.

So this new album, despite being only a single disc is only 10 minutes shorter than Book of Souls. I have to admit, I was kinda hoping for something a little more trim and to the point. This one ends with 3 10 minute Harris epics, which could get tiresome. I'm still looking forward to checking it out though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                      I thought the animation of the Maiden video looked cheap too, but I did like all the little old school references.

So this new album, despite being only a single disc is only 10 minutes shorter than Book of Souls. I have to admit, I was kinda hoping for something a little more trim and to the point. This one ends with 3 10 minute Harris epics, which could get tiresome. I'm still looking forward to checking it out though.
                      I was on the fence but just gone down to £6.66(!) on amazon uk. Suspect it will just be for tonight as a final push to get to No. 1 in the charts tomorrow.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                        I was on the fence but just gone down to £6.66(!) on amazon uk. Suspect it will just be for tonight as a final push to get to No. 1 in the charts tomorrow.
                        Gotta get it that price, it's an omen! I still haven't heard the whole thing but the songs I have heard are, for the most part, pretty damn good. I'm hoping to find it locally this weekend. I don't like the production much though, just like the last few albums. Martin Birch (RIP) was a big part of their sound.
                        Andrew Monroe
                        Pallid Hands
                        Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 09-09-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• IM have shared some pretty cool old photos in honor of Number Of The Beast's 40th anniversary.

https://metalinjection.net/news/iron...-40th-birthday
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Vera Farmiga covers The Trooper.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/wat...ns-the-trooper
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I get that it's Vera Farmiga and I get that people like her, and I do as well, and I get that people are excited that she likes Maiden, and I am too, but that is not a good cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                                I get that it's Vera Farmiga and I get that people like her, and I do as well, and I get that people are excited that she likes Maiden, and I am too, but that is not a good cover.
                                It was kinda fun to see her do it though.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X