Clear All

Today was new comic wednesday (which I NEVER miss), and I picked up:

Pope Hats #2
    http://www.adhousebooks.com/comics/popehats2.html

Kick Ass (vol2) #4
    http://marvel.com/comic_books/issue/...k-ass_2_2010_4

Pure Pajamas (by Marc Bell)
    http://marcbelldept.blogspot.com/201...on-amazon.html

Read them already, and all three were great. Pope Hats #2 was probably the stand out this week, though.
    www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Got in my comic book trade order today and sat down and read the following.

Bone Tall Tales-Great follow up to Bone. I loved the short stories about Big Johnson Bone.

It tolls for thee-Never heard of this book before. But I needed to spend 3 more bucks to get free shipping. It is a zombie comic set back in the dark ages. The art is worth the 2 bucks I spent. Plus I like how it was horizontally formatted.

The Walking Dead Volume 11-I love this book. But hate how these volumes that reprint 6 issues takes me usually 15 minutes to read. Thankfully I get a great discount.

Fables volume 7-This is my current favorite Vertigo series. And the addition of the Arabian fables to the series is a nice touch.

Comment

Almost finished with Essential Defenders Volume 6. I love how wacky and weird the Defenders title was.

Comment

Took down Rick Veitch's Maximortal this week - what a trippy book. It's like an early 70's underground comic about Superman & his creators, and Albert Einstein, the A-bomb and David Niven...with a hat full of magic doo-doo. Amazing.
          Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
            Took down Rick Veitch's Maximortal this week - what a trippy book. It's like an early 70's underground comic about Superman & his creators, and Albert Einstein, the A-bomb and David Niven...with a hat full of magic doo-doo. Amazing.
            I love that series and most of Veitch's work.

Comment

Read the latest Jim Woodring book today. Fucking great, as usual. It's this one:

Woodring is brilliant. One of the greatest living comic artists, in my opinion. I was lucky enough to get to go to dinner with him once (he's a fan of my wife's comics) and it was certainly a highlight of that year.
              Robin Bougie
              Last edited by Robin Bougie; 10-17-2011, 02:49 AM.
              www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

My boss just gave me a copy of Astonishing X-Men #1. I'm not sure why he had it but he did, he told me he got it at a haunted house in Manhattan he went to over the weekend. I haven't picked up an X-Men comic in a decade, I'll probably have no idea what's going on.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've been picking up scads of X-Men trade paperbacks and hardcovers at remainder sales. Great reading for about a third of the cover price.
                  "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Just picked up the following from the library. Free books!

The Cardboard Valise - Ben Katchor
                    The Adventures of Red Sonja - Roy Thomas, Bruce Jones, and Frank motherfuggin' Thorne
                    Pure Pajamas - Marc Bell
                    The Years Have Pants - Eddie Campbell
                    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

The Savage Sword of Conan Vol 1 TPB - Loved this as a kid and the artwork, particularly by Barry Windsor-Smith, is often great but the Roy Thomas stories are no where near Howard's originals and are often embarrassingly wooden adolescent and sexist in a way that doesn't feel true to the primitive but vivid, grim and romantic Howard originals. Still, can't go wrong with Red Nails or The Frost Giant's Daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                        The Savage Sword of Conan Vol 1 TPB
                        This book is on my nightstand as well. I read the majority of it during the summer, but then got bogged down and didn't finish. Chock full of 70s pulp fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Starry View Post
                          This book is on my nightstand as well. I read the majority of it during the summer, but then got bogged down and didn't finish. Chock full of 70s pulp fun though.

I have worked my way thru the first 3 volumes of that series and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Starry View Post
                            Got it too. Sadly, found 4 panels of near nudity that were censored -- and there are probably more. Not even nudity, NEAR nudity. Drew clothes right on top of the original drawings where a little too much thigh and side-boob were showing. Totally uncool, Dark Horse.
                            www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

What? Seriously????
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Omnibus.../dp/1593077270

Brilliant stuff!
                                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                                X