X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comic books I am reading...

Oh I am quite the reader...

THE WALKING DEAD - Image - been a reader since 2005
    NEONOMICON - Avatar - my goodness do I love this SICK, CRAZY, HP Lovecraft worshiping book!
    MORNING GLORIES - Image
    NEMESIS - Icon
    KICK ASS 2 - Icon
    NEW AVENGERS - Marvel
    almost every BATMAN title - DC
    SUPERIOR - Icon
    HELLBAZER - DC/Vertigo

I was sooo into Walking Dead for the first 35 or so issues, got sidetracked, missed a bunch, and never came back to it.

I always kinda preferred Deadworld in a way though. I'm a sucker for Locke's art I guess. And those painted covers, some by O'Barr, were pretty great.

Ah.... Caliber in the 80s.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Deadworld was awesome. I only got the first 8 or so issues and I loved them. And the alternate covers too. I think that was the first I'd seen of those. I never read the Caliber ones, just hte original Arrow books. I wish I'd kept them. I only kept Gore Shriek I think.

Comment

Arrow did, what, the first half dozen issues? I think Caliber bought them out.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I just read the odd Manga these days. I got right into MPD PSYCHO and then it got cancelled at issue 9 which was a bummer and it was totally wild and crazy, way better than the Takishi Miike TV series.

Just picked up 6 BILLION NEEDLES, it's only 4 issue long, hopefully it doesn't disappear.

Comment

I've been re-reading ELEKTRA:ASSASSIN. I don't think we'll ever see Marvel publish something that visually inventive and exciting again. Sienkienwicz went nuts on that book, mixing so many styles. It doesn't always make for a smooth read but its never boring. There was so much great stuff coming from the Epic imprint then I really wish Marvel would pull back on the endless Wolverine and Thor books their flooding the shelves with and get back to putting out interesting comics.
            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

I met Sienkienwicz at a convention in Toronto years ago. A friend of mine asked him to sign his 1st issue of Elektra: Assassin and to draw a sai next to the signature. Sienkienwicz then proceeded to draw the dumbest looking squiggly ass sai you've ever seen across the cover in big silver sharpie ink. It looked bad.

True story.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

You said it looked like a penis, right? Apparently he's becoming notorious for that...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/...and-the-troll/
                Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

That's just plain weird, and yeah, the sai he drew had a cock like vibe to it.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

In a strange twist of fate, I just realized he's gonna be at the NYC Con on Sat.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Zeke Deadwood: Zombie Lawman

The art is fucking great!

Criminal: The Last Of The Innocent by Ed Brubaker

It's a terrific neo-noir comic with some terrific Archie moments
                      "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

Ninjak Volume 1 #0,00,1,2,8,10,18

Been re-reading my collection of Valiant universe comics. This was a title about a British ninja that worked for a secret UK government agency. Ninjak had a interesting archvillain,Dr Silk. Who was a genius who was like Stephen Hawkings in that he was stuck in a wheelchair and had all kinds of medical problems. One drawback to the series is it seems Valiant had trouble keeping a steady artist on the title. The first few issues had early Joe Quesada artwork,which was good but looked almost nothing like his later artwork. And it seems that Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning were the only writers that stayed on the title for more than 2 or 3 issues. For a mid 90s indy superhero title it is a ok read. But it never reaches it full pontential.

Comment

Just read my small collection of Secret Weapons issues. And the Magnus robot fighter/Nexus 2 issue mini. I love the painted looking art in the Magnus/Nexus series.

Comment

I need to hit up Lone Star and pick up the last issue of this Criminal mini and cancel all my subscriptions, I can't rightly justify buying issues every month when I can wait like 6 months and buy a trade paperback
                            "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

Read Bloodshot volume 1 issues 0-7 today. I love this series. Gonna read more of it before I go to bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X