• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
    This should have been balls to the wall insanity and instead it felt watered down and pointless.
    EXACTLY....

EVIL DEAD WAS a benchmark in horror.a real genre kickstarter.......this was not even GOOD compared to movies today....

Even the bloody SONG that the demon sang was shit in this remake....arms and legs being cut off and no one dying of blood loss....No chemistry between the actors....and the passages of the book COULD have been good...if they didnt have a lightweight Kurt Cobain wannabe reading it....the tape recorder was 100 times more effective in the first......

DRAG ME TO HELL was 100 times better than this coz it had the ENERGY of RAIMI pummeling it along....enough to overlook some flaws.....This remake though thought it would work if they had more gore, had the demons SWEARING (wow...how scary)..and recreated soem bits from the original (not caring whether or not it made sense to the story or not)

Oh...I am not reallyl angry...just annoyed they made THIS after all the years of waiting for part 4....If this is the best they can come up with...glad they didnt make a FOURTH..

Leave a comment:

• Toyboy
    like a hole in the head

• Toyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
    I just thought it was mediocre which is worse then it being bad or good.
    There you go. In spite of my snarky post I'm not angry either, but close to it if only for the fact that there was nothing to get excited about either way, good or bad. Watching the extra about the rigors Jane Levy was put thru I felt sorry that all the effort was for blah. The Steve N. Kingz ballyhoo from the original kept playing in my brain while watching this and there's nothing "ferociously original" about this one and there should have been. This should have been balls to the wall insanity and instead it felt watered down and pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Barry M
    Super Fiend

• Barry M
    replied
    Did the entire cast come back to life and sing Build Me Up Buttercup?

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    I just thought it was mediocre which is worse then it being bad or good.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    I actually thought it was reasonably scary in spots. And fairly well acted on the part of Jane Levy.

I tried to be angry. The original was a big part of my youth. I didn't get angry though.

Drag Me To Hell was rad though. More rad than this. No argument on that point. And the after credits bit was fucking lame.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Just got through with this one.....

REALLY?..Raimim , Campbell and Tapert all signed up on this one??

Bad acting,..Bad rections to situations.....Dumb story...Dumb ending(s).....the "you thought they were dead...but not yet" type bits...Not scary....not fun.....Not filmed with any kind of energy....DUMB after credits bit..

i could go on...but I am too angry!!!

Incidentally, CABIN IN THE WOODS is on tv here now...far better movie......

ALSO, Raimis DRAG ME TO HELL was 100 times better than this...and more EVIL DEAD than this film will ever be!!

Leave a comment:

• Barry M
    Super Fiend

• Barry M
    replied
    Nothing spoils a scat video like pubes: Brazilian's the way to go, I agree.

Buttholes sem Pubes.

Leave a comment:

• Toyboy
    like a hole in the head

• Toyboy
    replied
    Oh, wait! I'm not done. There's a nail gun. Can you imagine being shot by a nail gun?

SPOILERS!!!!!!

There's a nail gun in this one.

Leave a comment:

• Toyboy
    like a hole in the head

• Toyboy
    replied
    Boy, I tell you what, people friends...throw away your rubber book-face editions, your $55 (Canadian) VHS tapes and your ability to not be afraid because this remake has everything the so-called "original" did not:

A DOG!!

A DEAD DOG THAT BLEEDS MOTOR OIL!

DEAD CATS!!!!!!!!

TWO VEHICLES!

A LONG-HAIRED MAN IN GLASSES SEEN READING NOT ONE, BUT TWO BOOKS!!!! WHAT A BOOK WORM!!!

CLEANER, FRESHER LOOKING CLOTHES; RECENTLY PURCHASED!

BARBED WIRE (like you see on cool arm band tattoos, only this time wrapped around an overly art-directed "HEY! THE OPENING CREDITS TO SE7EN WERE RAD" book)!!!

PRETTY, SAD-EYED YOUNG PEOPLE!!!!

PISS-STAINED CHUCK TAYLORS!!!

I watched this in Portuguese so that it more closely resembles a Brazilian scat video, only not half as enjoyable. I don't envy the poor interns that had to whittle down all those tree branches in order to make the forest more EXTREME!

This is a poop movie. It is full of poop.
    Toyboy
    like a hole in the head
    Last edited by Toyboy; 08-03-2013, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    Intellectual Carrot

• Scott
    replied
    "That's just pillow talk."

haha!

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    Belated but still relevant.

Leave a comment:

• Koukol

• Koukol
    replied
    I thought the gore was good but that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    I enjoyed it. Wasn't blown away by it and the lack of any characters to latch onto hurts it, but it delivered some good atmosphere, some decent scares and buckets of gore.

Doesn't touch the original though.

Leave a comment:

• Richard--W
    a straight arrow

• Richard--W
    replied
    I'd rather not, thanks anyhow.

I just saw the trailer for this remake on the BROKEN CITY blu-ray. Or was it the DEAD MAN GONE blu-ray. I can't remember. Anyhow, the trailer gave away everything. There are no surprises left. Just watch the trailer and you've seen it. Strictly yawn city.

Leave a comment:

• Nolando

• Nolando
    replied
    Fuck this movie. Fuck it in its fucking ear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X