Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Disc Nightmare On Elm Street Blu-ray Collection Coming In October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, for under 50....I think i spent 19.99 on the first one. That's a good deal, even if those few flicks are throwaways.

Comment

Haven't seen Never Sleep again. How is it?

Also, I wonder if they'll use the R or unrated print for the first Nightmare film?

Comment

Never Sleep Again is fantastic, it's long as hell but VERY in-depth, so many of the cast and crew got interviewed. It really is the anatomy of a movie franchise, and you get the facts from all angles. I absolutely loved it.

One thing for sure, I sincerely hope that Bob Shaye either sits down and does one hell of an in-depth interview, or writes some memoirs, because he was one of the most integral parts of American film. To go from an upstart company who had PD prints of Reefer Madness to doing Lord of the Rings is a hell of a story. I love that the people who had been there forever called New Line, "The house that Freddy built."

Comment

Originally posted by Robert W View Post
          Haven't seen Never Sleep again. How is it?

Also, I wonder if they'll use the R or unrated print for the first Nightmare film?
          Has the unrated print ever been released on DVD/BD?

Comment

I don't think it has, I'm relatively sure it was cut out before any release, I've only ever seen it as work print footage. Maybe a foreign country got it? The only difference I know if is a few frames of blood splashing off the bed when Amanda Wyss' character falls onto it, they had to cut just as contact with the bed was made to get an R-Rating. The last part of Depp's death wasn't cut for ratings issues, but because they thought it was unnecessary and kinda silly.

Comment

I did see it on the VHS, but as far as I know, never on DVD.

Comment

I think it would be pretty cool if the edited the censored footage back in. Not a make of break kind of thing for me, but I'd prefer to have an uncensored copy of the film than a censored one.

Comment

Amazon's got a listing up for this due 3/5/13.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00AZ7V0W0

I guess we can take that to mean that it's no longer a Best Buy exclusive.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's been up on the UK site, region free, for quite some time...and it was cheap right before Christmas. I almost bought it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nightmare-St...8352364&sr=8-1

Think it works out to about 30 bucks. Not bad.

Comment

I dropped it in my cart, it comes out to 28 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                      X