Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Disc Nightmare On Elm Street Blu-ray Collection Coming In October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Disc Nightmare On Elm Street Blu-ray Collection Coming In October?

No real details yet but Amazon has a pre-orer up here.

It's listed as a four disc set with a running time of 702 minutes and a release date of 10/2/2012.

No studio is listed there at all - we can assume it's WB/New Line?

I'd take all of this with a grain of salt but the UK set was four Blu-ray discs and 1 DVD.

Makes sense that they'd get this out in time for Halloween - Blu's are done for the first three films already.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

From Blu-ray.com:

"I was able to get an update on what the Nightmare on Elm Street collection will have. In addition to the seven movies, it will include a bonus disc with the all new featurette “Fear Himself: The Life And Crimes Of Freddy Krueger.” The featurette will be an in-depth look at Freddy Krueger, his mass appeal on pop culture and how there has never been another villain like him in film."
    Attached Files
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh and supposedly this is now a Best Buy Exclusive. That Amazon link posted before goes nowhere
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think I'd like to get this set. Depends on the price.
        "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
        - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

May as well pick up Never Sleep Again documentary. I really doubt that could ever be topped.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Yeah, that doc is tops. I was kind of excited for a minute, but the first one is the only one I watch regularly.....the third one I watch here and there, but I've got it on DVD which is more than enough for the number of viewings it gets. The rest of them, I just don't care.

Comment

I hadn't heard about this, but I'm definitely excited for it. As a kid born in the 80's, those movies held an important spot in my life growing up. Hell, almost all of the slasher movies did, franchise or not. As I get older I actually find myself going easier on a lot of the Nightmare sequels, I can honestly find something redeeming in all of them, save for maybe Freddy's Dead which is just a steaming turd. I honestly think that flaws and all, 4 and 5 are somewhat underrated; while functioning within the confines of a rather cliche franchise, some interesting ideas were allowed to creep in.

Comment

Freddy's Dead has Alice Cooper in it, briefly. There's the redemption. :-D

Comment

Touche. I always forget he was in it. But overall, that movie has a definite "what the fuck were they thinking?!" effect on me haha

The power glove scene was dated and lame before the movie even hit theaters.

Comment

hahahaha, I was drunk off my ASS at the drive-in. I remember almost nothing about it.

Comment

I rewatched the whole series beginning to end after the blu release of 2/3 came out, and while I had always hated 2 growing up, I now love it not necessarily as a part of the series, but as just a weirdo mid-80's horror flick. All of them held up surprisingly well for me, all except Freddy's Dead haha. It was the only one that throughout I was cringing and shaking my head.

Hell, aside from Haley's performance, I even loved the remake. The Never Sleep Again talk is absolutely amazing, as well, as stated earlier.

Comment

So apparantly Best Buy will be stocking these sets in stores, though in small quantities, and the price tomorrow will be $44.99.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That price isn't bad at all! Will definitely be picking this up.

Comment

Kind of annoying since we bought the first one and the 2/3 double feature, but what can you do... IF they get single movie reissues on Blu (a big if), it'll probably wind up costing just as much to buy 4 and up.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, I bought all the stand alone releases that have come out thus far, but to be honest, if they did stand alone releases of all the sequels like you said, I'd probably be paying 15-20 for each of em, and I'd be happy to do it...so this price for all of em? Awesome, pretty stoked haha I think 4 and 5 particularly are going to look great in HD.
                              Ehren H
                              Last edited by Ehren H; 10-01-2012, 11:51 AM. Reason: an embarrassing about of typos

Comment

Working...
                              X