Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout! Factory to unleash... Scream Factory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OOP train keeps on rolling. Next month the following Shout/Scream titles are going OOP:
    Escape from New York
    Mad Max
    The Adventures of Bukaroo Banzai
    Carrie
    Child's Play
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2
    Manhunter
    The Pink Panther Collection

Comment

• A whole bunch more OOP titles
      ***OUT-OF-PRINT SOON ALERT***
      Please note that the following Scream Factory Blu-ray & DVD releases will be going out of print this year as our rights are expiring on them. If you haven't picked them up already, now's your last chance!
      • All Night Horror Marathon: Vol. 1 [4 Films]
      • All Night Horror Marathon: Vol. 2 [4 Films]
      • Angry Red Planet, The
      • Bat People, The
      • Beast of Hollow Mountain, The / The Neanderthal Man [Double Feature]
      • Beast Within, The
      • Brain That Wouldn't Die, The
      • Cellar Dweller / Catacombs [Double Feature]
      • Contamination .7
      • Crawlspace
      • Die, Monster, Die!
      • Eve of Destruction
      • Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake, The
      • Horror Show, The
      • House That Screamed, The
      • I Bury the Living
      • Invasion of The Bee Girls
      • Man From Planet X, The
      • Naked Cage, The
      • Outing / The Godsend [Double Feature]
      • Return of Count Yorga, The
      • Scream Factory Presents: TV Terrors [Double Feature]
      • Screaming Skull, The
      • Vagrant, The
      • Vampire. The
      • Vicious Lips
      • What's the Matter with Helen?
      • X-Ray / Schizoid [Double Feature]

Comment

• Scream tweeted that From Beyond is going OOP

Comment

• Hi! I hope I'm putting this comment in the right place. I've been looking at Shout's website that has streaming versions of several genre movies. I've noticed some running time differences between what I assume is the correct time on the DVDs / Blu-rays and the streaming versions. Link for the horror films: https://www.shoutfactorytv.com/film/horror

Ghosthouse and Metamorphosis, both Filmirage (Joe D'Amato) productions, seem to be time-compressed. The correct times are 95 m. for Ghosthouse and 96 m. for Metamorphosis. Are these the running times on the Blu-rays? I don't own a Blu-ray player so I don't own a copy of either film. Well, Metamorphosis is on a Mill Creek 50 movie pack, and it's a VHS rip of course, and I have this. The Mill Creek version is 96 m. It's too bad there isn't a DVD for these movies because I'd buy them.

Warlock Moon is missing about 6 m. There's a VHS rip on YouTube that has the 90 m. version.

Movies such as Neon Maniacs and Simon, King of the Witches are fullscreen and 480p. Meh. I thought there was a HD version of Simon. At least the running times are correct.

On the sci-fi page (link: https://www.shoutfactorytv.com/film/sci-fi ) Future Kick, a Don 'The Dragon' Wilson flick, is 72m., but I think it's supposed to be 76. Can anyone tell why 4 m. had to cut for the streaming version?

Thanks if anyone can answer my questions.

Comment

• So Shout totally fucked up their most exciting month in a long time. Amazon.ca didn't get a single one of the May titles and most are either now listed as "Temporarily out of stock" or "In stock June 29" and KING KONG is just unavailable. The exchange rate at Amazon.com is insane right now: If I ordered just EXPLORERS and EYES OF A STRANGER, it's just under $100 including shipping.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
              A whole bunch of Scream Factory titles have gone OOP/ will soon be OOP:
              Without Warning
              Kino announced they are re-releasing Without Warning. It will be from a new 2K scan and have all of the Scream Factory extras.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                Kino announced they are re-releasing Without Warning. It will be from a new 2K scan and have all of the Scream Factory extras.
                What a time to be alive!

Comment

• So there have been some shake ups at Shout Factory as both Jeff Nelson and Cliff MacMillian left the company last year. Cliff is now doing acquisitions fro Arrow Video. Curious to see what happens with Scream Factory as these two were the driving force behind it.

Comment

• I'm glad to hear about Cliff MacMillian joining Arrow. I think of him every time I watch/buy a Sonny Chiba, Etsuko Shihomi or Roger Corman film. There is no one in the industry I want to buy a beer for more than Cliff. Scream Factory has been amazing but I love Arrow's packaging and menus. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

I was just getting into genre films when Shout started their Roger Corman Collection. It was one the first times I started blind buying based on the label. At the same time I was buying up all kinds of BCI boxsets for pennies which I knew Cliff was responsible for.

Comment

• Cliff definitely has great taste and him leaving Shout is, I think, not a great sign for them. Truth be told, Scream Factory has been running on fumes for awhile now and the mainstream horror that they specialize in is pretty tapped out.

Comment

Working...
                      X