X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAMN!

Comment

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
      File under: goddamnit and fuck shitty news. Scarlett Amaris has posted this to her blog, evidently exposing Stanley as an abuser. This bums me out on a number of levels.

https://sharedhallucination.blogspot...BILaKdDH8c&m=1
      Had to stop reading that halfway through. Horrible. Hope she gets to see some kind of justice out of this.

Comment

• Always a shame when this happens, but I won't stop watching his work. I wondered how much of his (admittedly entertaining) shtick was real and how much was bullshit, but I guess we know how crazy he is now. I was going to say this will probably end his career, but I'm not sure how much of one he had left anyway, nothing seems to have come yet after the relative success of Color.
        agent999
        Last edited by agent999; 03-17-2021, 09:21 AM.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• I hate the internet.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Damn. Nobody should have to go through that.
            "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• Shit, this is horrendous. Worst news in a week full of bad news.

The awful thing is, in all the hours I've spent watching documentaries about / listening to interviews with Stanley, he's never once struck me as someone with violent / bullying / egomaniacal tendencies. I've always had him tagged as a 'nice guy', despite his eccentricities -- which goes to show how wrong you can be, and how far removed someone's (perhaps carefully contrived) public persona can be from their "behind closed doors" behaviour. Fuck. Endlessly depressing.*

(* Of course, given that we only have a single accuser at this point(?), we have to consider the remote possibility that she's making it all up, but given the detail and specifics of her allegations, I'd say that seems extremely unlikely, and listening to the victim first-and-foremost is probably good practice in cases like this.)
              https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
              http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                Always a shame when this happens, but I won't stop watching his work. I wondered how much of his (admittedly entertaining) shtick was real and how much was bullshit, but I guess we know how crazy he is now. I was going to say this will probably end his career, but I'm not sure how much of one he had left anyway, nothing seems to have come yet after the relative success of Color.
                I think he was working on adapting The Dunwich Horror but then the pandemic shut everything down.
                "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                  I think he was working on adapting The Dunwich Horror but then the pandemic shut everything down.
                  It seems like an eternity since Color came out but it's only just over a year. I can't see this one going ahead with him now.
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                    It seems like an eternity since Color came out but it's only just over a year. I can't see this one going ahead with him now.
                    It was on the festival circuit for a good long while before the official release I guess is why. It's a shame, I was looking forward to the Dunwich Horror, though that's very much the minor issue here.
                    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• I love Stanley as a director, but Ive always felt he was to much of a weirdo as a human being. (Just look how he dresses)

I never figured him for an abusive asshole though. More of a potsmoking loonie who was chill.

Though his career path sort of makes it obvious this dude has severe issues in how he relates to the wills of others. (Any setback = blame everyone except self and have a breakdown)

Still one of the better visual directors in my oppinion though.
                      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Yikes, just found out about this. I'm with The Swede, I always figured he was just the chill kind of weirdo, but what an awful jerk.

In light of these allegations, Arrow has cancelled their releases of Dust Devil and Hardware (I'm not sure if news of these releases was ever posted here or not.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                          In light of these allegations, Arrow has cancelled their releases of Dust Devil and Hardware (I'm not sure if news of these releases was ever posted here or not.)
                          Oh, great. Cancelled because of allegations.

Comment

• If more allegations are coming, I can understand Arrow not wanting to spend money on projects that no doubt would be tainted by controversy. I also assume that now it is going to be hard to find people willing to participate in special features.

Comment

• There's multiple allegations from other women and reportedly charges currently being pressed against him right now by another victim. Even someone who's worked with Stanley - Karim Hussain -- has indicated he supports Scarlett Amaris and what's she written.

Yes, it's fucked up we won't get to see Arrow do their thing with his movies (likely UHDs too), but his actions are already having consequences. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else in another European country take a swipe though (France or Italy perhaps). If you don't want to wait for a bd of DD, for instance, get the German one (I bought the regular edition and I'm happy with having the director's cut in HD).
                              bgart13
                              Last edited by bgart13; 03-17-2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                                There's multiple allegations from other women and reportedly charges currently being pressed against him right now by another victim. Even someone who's worked with Stanley - Karim Hussain -- has indicated he supports Scarlett Amaris and what's she written.

Yes, it's fucked up we won't get to see Arrow do their thing with his movies (likely UHDs too), but his actions are already having consequences. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else in another European country take a swipe though (France or Italy perhaps). If you don't want to wait for a bd of DD, for instance, get the German one (I bought the regular edition and I'm happy with having the director's cut in HD).
                                Where are you getting all of this info?

Comment

Working...
                                X