Richard Stanley Adapting H.P. Lovecraft's Color Out of Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    So, having heard nothing about Stanley since the hoopla a year ago; it looks like that's....over? Were apologies made, or was there news, or????
    According to Stanley, he reported them for harassment and libel and a tribunal found he had no case to answer regarding the alleged abuse. There was a picture of the front page of a legal document provided by Stanley that supposedly backed this up but, as usual, he adds his own witchcraft conspiracy spin to it:

https://www.facebook.com/1207327430/...hM3XAwNVl/?d=n

At the end of the day, these he said/she said things are almost impossible to get to the bottom of.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

So, having heard nothing about Stanley since the hoopla a year ago; it looks like that's....over? Were apologies made, or was there news, or????
      Yeah, what about SpectreVision "cutting ties" with him? Wouldn't that be considered wrongful dismissal or something along those lines? These allegations caused some serious damage to Stanley's career (just what he needed after his comeback!).
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post

According to Stanley, he reported them for harassment and libel and a tribunal found he had no case to answer regarding the alleged abuse. There was a picture of the front page of a legal document provided by Stanley that supposedly backed this up but, as usual, he adds his own witchcraft conspiracy spin to it:

https://www.facebook.com/1207327430/...hM3XAwNVl/?d=n

At the end of the day, these he said/she said things are almost impossible to get to the bottom of.
        That was the weird thing, that was all I could find. As Matt says, this obviously did some damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

Yeah, what about SpectreVision "cutting ties" with him? Wouldn't that be considered wrongful dismissal or something along those lines? These allegations caused some serious damage to Stanley's career (just what he needed after his comeback!).
          Generally speaking, contracts in entertainment have all kinds of trap door clauses where the company can drop a talent at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all, and usually with no compensation required. If they didn't, the number of projects that studios cancel would bankrupt the entire industry in a year or two, tops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

Generally speaking, contracts in entertainment have all kinds of trap door clauses where the company can drop a talent at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all, and usually with no compensation required. If they didn't, the number of projects that studios cancel would bankrupt the entire industry in a year or two, tops.
            Happened to a guy I know recently, he got his show canceled because of allegations, he had to go back to Michigan and unload a rental property that was being used as an Airbnb. Anyway, long story short, there was some shit under the house and a whole lot of weird shit happened as a result.

Comment

Happened to a guy I know recently, he got his show canceled because of allegations, he had to go back to Michigan and unload a rental property that was being used as an Airbnb. Anyway, long story short, there was some shit under the house and a whole lot of weird shit happened as a result.
              Shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

Shit.
                He's one of those guys that seems to just be prone to bad luck since he turned down assistant manager at the restaurant and decided to move on. Actually got abducted once and dude wanted to turn him into a fuckin WALRUS.

Comment

• Fuck his Facebook pages is a strange read. His take on the French legals:

"777 - the Tribunal Judiciare of Carcassonne has upheld charges against Tracy Robertson (aka ‘Scarlett Amaris) and her principal enabler Tonelise Rugaas ( aka ‘Shelly Gonzalez’ aka ‘horrortainment news’). Both are charged with harassment, libel, defamation and ‘behaviour having as its object or effect a degradation of working conditions which may infringe the rights to human dignity, health or a professional career’ under France’s Code Penal and Code Travail.

Having considered the evidence and depositions submitted by all parties the Court has decided I have no case to answer to. The first page of the official ordonnance outlining the charges can be found appended below (my home address has been redacted in hot pink - for obvious reasons).

The tribunal further recommended the psychological examination of my accusers, the so-called ‘witches’, in the hope of getting a handle on their motives and have requested the police reopen their investigation into the circumstances surrounding the 777 attack. I welcome this initiative and while the accused have already fled the country, I look forward to seeing justice done.

In this strangest of cases the term ‘witch’ is not intended as a pejorative as my assailants openly identify as ‘witches’ with Madame Rugaas claiming close ties to the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO), an organisation identified as a ‘cult’ in report no. 2468 of the National Assembly’s commission of inquiry into sects in France while Madame Robertson is an adherent of the Cult of Hecate, the Queen of Hell. Both stand accused of using tactics similar to the Inquisitors in days of old to incite further false allegations from their victims and the use of ’coercive control techniques’ designed to induce a state of murderous mass hysteria among their numerous all-too-willing on-line followers. Certainly hell is what they raised in the mass unconscious of the technosphere. Having destroyed not only my livelihood but the lives and careers of dozens of others, wiping out hundreds of jobs resulting in literally millions of dollars in lost revenues, the time has come for the ‘witches’ to take cognisance of their karma. I hope to announce civil charges against their co-conspirators in the United States v. shortly and will be following the trail of digital evidence back to its source in Hollywood. In the meantime, I should like to thank all those who have stood by me during these dangerous days and continue to stand by me. I am an innocent man, alive and at liberty, nor have I ever been convicted of any criminal wrong doing anywhere on this planet. An official press release will be issued once the tribunal’s final ruling has been handed down and convictions secured.

If the accused happen to be reading this statement, take this opportunity to reflect and embrace the light. Step away from the abyss and the pointless malice of the past. Renounce the crooked path that leads to self-destruction and do not risk more innocent lives being caught in the crossfire. End this nightmare now. It is not too late. Know we have all been manipulated and played like puppets by forces we barely understand, both corporate, sociological and supernatural. Embrace the true meaning of 777 and know that if I have learned anything at all from this whole ghastly affair it is that fire burns but also illuminates. Lies and calumnies cannot stand in the face of the truth.

If any of the accused’s followers are reading these words, I advise you to get off the train now - the bridge is down up ahead and we are speeding towards it. Here’s hoping for a swift end to this pointless war and for peace, love and magic to prevail - R x #777 #truthwillout"
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Yeah, he's a weird-ass dude, for sure.

Comment

• Never sure if his shtick is genuine or not. It's certainly entertaining.

He used to supply Argento with industrial strength weed every time he came to London.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                      X