No announcement yet.

Scream Factory Releasing Army Of Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I laughed my ass off at the tree rape, but hey. I was barely a stupid teenager when I saw it.

Comment

There's a feel of defensive denial (haha, just kidding, don't kill me) about the sequels. Like they got responsible or had girlfriends or something, and were trying to prove it was all just good fun. (See, funny, right? Now is it funny? That was funny.) Like they had some explaining to do. I approve of this anxiety.

Comment

Loved the second one..but yeah , much like Texas Chainsaw, second one is obviously aiming for entertainment....I liked the first one and it must have been amazing to see it in a theater at the time but the Claymation ending always pulled me out of the movie...

Comment

Steelbook edition coming from Shout! 8/14/18.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DcR83c4VQAAt2UR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	354414
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

According to Dawn Of The Discs, Shout! will be releasing AOD on UHD in 2021.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

They seem to have a working relationship with Studio Canal so I hope this will get a UK release too as it looks like Shout are doing the work on the restoration and not Universal.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

This is reportedly coming from Shout! on 9/28/21.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EyZ0r3bUUAMHGbl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	359696
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I hope they don't do any of their coding the UHD disc as a Region A Blu Ray fuckery that they've done before. The UHD spec is supposed to be region free so if they do that agan they deserve their balls cutting off and shoving up their arse.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                    I hope they don't do any of their coding the UHD disc as a Region A Blu Ray fuckery that they've done before. The UHD spec is supposed to be region free so if they do that agan they deserve their balls cutting off and shoving up their arse.
                    Actually hadn't heard of that happening, that's some douchebaggery to be certain.

Anywho, I know I sound like an old man at this point, and I do love 4K (and have upgraded certain titles), but I won't be rebuying this again. I got that Shout multi-disc blu-ray version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      Actually hadn't heard of that happening, that's some douchebaggery to be certain.
                      Supposedly their UHD of Weathering with You was region locked. Whether that was down to them or just Toho being giant bell ends and forcing them, I don't know.

Comment

Supposedly their UHD of Weathering with You was region locked. Whether that was down to them or just Toho being giant bell ends and forcing them, I don't know.
                        Considering that one of only two Hong Kong DVDs I own that is actually region-coded is Battle Royale, which was specifically locked to prevent reverse-importing by Japanese buyers, I'd guess it was Toho dictating that as a license requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                          Considering that one of only two Hong Kong DVDs I own that is actually region-coded is Battle Royale, which was specifically locked to prevent reverse-importing by Japanese buyers, I'd guess it was Toho dictating that as a license requirement.
                          I hope so, but it's really annoying that they can do this. Just when we had a format that did away with region restrictions, they manage to find a way of screwing the collectors again.

Comment

UHD coming 9/27/22 from Shout.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7884
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh dear, supposedly theatrical cut only in 4k. Probably not wise considering they touted this on their original Blu Ray:
                              • NEW 4K Scan Of The International Inter-positive
                              Yeah, it's Evil Dead, they'll buy it anyway. Hopeing Studio C. Anal do something in Europe with the international cut.
                              agent999
                              Last edited by agent999; 08-01-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Oh dear, supposedly theatrical cut only in 4k. Probably not wise considering they touted this on their original Blu Ray:
                                • NEW 4K Scan Of The International Inter-positive
                                Yeah, it's Evil Dead, they'll buy it anyway. Hopeing Studio C. Anal do something in Europe with the international cut.
                                Wow, that's a weird decision for sure. Truth be told, I go to the theatrical cut most times; I love the cornball S-Mart ending. But if I'm going to pay out the nose for a 4K release....

Comment

Working...
                                X