X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scream Factory Releasing Army Of Darkness

From FB:

"***ANOTHER SURPRISE TITLE ANNOUNCE (and this one is BIG!)***

Today will be one of the more memorable days in our brand's history that's for sure! If you're still trying to catch your breath from our recent announcement of the upcoming Tales From the Crypt films, then steel yourself for the following...ARMY OF DARKNESS - the third film in the Evil Dead franchise, starring Bruce Campbell - is coming to Blu-ray "Scream Factory-style" in October! We will certainly aim to make it the most definitive version to own to date.
    We know you'll have lots of questions on this one but we have no concrete details to report at this moment other than that newly-commissioned artwork (yes, its a "Collector's Edition") and pre-order links will be up next month and a full list of extras and specs will appear in early Fall."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Ive held off buying this on blu....this might be the one.

Comment

I also held off on buying this on Blu, since I had a feeling something more would come along. Also, I haven't had the urge to watch this in a while.

Also, years ago I bought that MGM Region 3, NTSC DVD, so I've had around.

Comment

Kaboom(stick)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CJQmVDFUcAAzYta.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	348518
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Holy shit!

Bonus Features

• DISC ONE (Theatrical Version - 81 min.) - 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
            • NEW Medieval Times: The Making Of "Army Of Darkness" Featuring Interviews With Star & Co-Producer Bruce Campbell, Actors Marcus Gilbert, Ted Raimi, Timothy Quill, Richard Grove, Bill Moseley, Patricia Tallman And Angela Featherstone, Director Of Photography Bill Pope, Editor Bob Murawski, Production Designer Anthony Tremblay, Composer Joseph Lo Duca, Costume Designer Ida Gearon, Special Make-Up Effects Artists Howard Berger, Tony Gardner, Robert Kurtzman, And Greg Nicotero, "Pit Bitch" Performer And Effects Artist William Bryan, Mechanical Effects Artist Gary Jones, First Assistant Director John Cameron, Visual Effects Supervisor William Mesa And Stunt Coordinator Christopher Doyle (96 min.)
            • Original Ending
            • Original Opening With Optional Commentary By Sam Raimi And Bruce Campbell
            • Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary By Sam Raimi And Bruce Campbell
            • Theatrical Trailer
            • TV Spots
            • Home Video Promo

DISC TWO (Director's Cut - 96 min.) - 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
            • Audio Commentary With Director Sam Raimi, Actor Bruce Campbell And Co-Writer Ivan Raimi
            • NEW Additional Behind-The-Scenes Footage From KNB Effects (55 min.)
            • Vintage Creating The Deadites Featurette (21 min.)
            • Vintage "Making Of" Featurette
            • Extended Interview Clips With Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell And Robert Tapert

DISC THREE (International Cut - 88 min.) - 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
            • NEW 4K Scan Of The International Inter-positive
            • Television Version With Additional Footage (90 min., Standard Definition (1.33:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0)
            • Theatrical Trailer
            • NEW Still Galleries With Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos From Production Designer Anthony Tremblay, Visual Effects Supervisor William Mesa And Special Make-Up Effects Artists Tony Gardner And KNB EFX, Inc. (Over 200 Stills)
            • NEW Still Gallery Of Props And Rare Photos From The Collection Of Super Fan Dennis Carter Jr.
            • NEW Storyboards For Deleted Or Alternate Scenes
            • Vintage The Men Behind The Army Featurette (19 min.)
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wow. While it would've been great to get new transfers of the theatrical and director's cut, I know that that isn't always possible. Still, it looks like Scream has gone all out for this. (Shame Raimi has stopped participating in special features.)

Comment

I realize that they're not going to make everyone happy, but why would they only do a new scan of the international cut? Of the 3, that one is my least favourite, with altered dialogue, etc. Guess I'll just hang onto my Boomstick DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                I realize that they're not going to make everyone happy, but why would they only do a new scan of the international cut? Of the 3, that one is my least favourite, with altered dialogue, etc. Guess I'll just hang onto my Boomstick DVD.
                They address this issue in their Facebook post at https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFacto...604940043187:0 -

Even being as detailed as we could here, we anticipate that there are questions you may still have about the cuts of the film. Our Blu-ray producer has provided a couple of Q&As that we felt might come up and that some may be curious about:

Q: Is the U.S. Theatrical version a new transfer?
                A: Unfortunately, we were not able to do a new transfer of the theatrical cut (which was provided by our partners at Universal). However, we did do additional color correction.

Q: Why is the International version a 4K transfer and not the Director's Cut?
                A: Our original intention was to do a new 4K scan on the director's cut, so we started with elements that were available in the MGM vault. Unfortunately, we could not find all of the additional footage (film and audio) for the 96 minute Director's Cut.
                I'm not sure how sticking to DVD would help you out here, as the HD transfer of the Director's Cut will look much, much better than the DVD (assuming that Scream Factory's BD is on par with the releases that have come out in France and Germany).

Comment

Originally posted by Damin J. Toell View Post
                  They address this issue in their Facebook post at https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFacto...604940043187:0 -

I'm not sure how sticking to DVD would help you out here, as the HD transfer of the Director's Cut will look much, much better than the DVD (assuming that Scream Factory's BD is on par with the releases that have come out in France and Germany).
                  And it may be, though the last R1 release looked like shit. Just saying, that for what Scream is charging for the set up here, I don't consider it worth the upgrade, but thanks for posting the reasoning why....it's just disappointing.

Comment

Problem with the theatrical cut:
                    In the past few days, thanks to Army of Darkness super fans, it has come to our attention that there is a scene missing from the theatrical cut in our new Blu-Ray release of the film.

We wanted to reach out and thank everyone who wrote us about the issue and for your patience while we've worked on a resolution.

We can now announce that a replacement disc correcting the issue will be ready by early November. We'll have more information about the details of this replacement program soon. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email us at info@shoutfactory.com.

Comment

Looks like they will be exchanging discs 1 and 3
                      We will be replacing both discs#1 and #3.

An email will be going out with all the instructions how to receive these replacement discs later this week.

Best,

Customer Service
                      Shout! Factory
                      2034 Armacost Ave., 1stFloor
                      Los Angeles, CA 90025

info@shoutfactory.com

Comment

Army of Darkness disc exchange:
                        CORRECTION: We apologize for any confusion, but this is the correct URL (for step 1 below) to enter your shipping and contact information:

http://cart.shoutfactorystore.com/re...pin=AODREPLACE

On behalf of Scream Factory, we want to thank everyone that has purchased our recent Collector's Edition of ARMY OF DARKNESS. We hope you are enjoying it and all the work that went into bringing it to you, the fans.

It has come to our attention that there is footage missing from both the theatrical cut and the international cut of the film. We will be issuing replacement discs (#1 and #3) to anyone that has been affected.

If your copy of ARMY OF DARKNESS is missing footage and you would like a replacement disc sent to you, please follow these instructions:

Please fill out the form on this page with your shipping and contact information.
                        Please send an email to info@shoutfactory.com with your proof of purchase (a photo or scan of your printed receipt or your digital receipt if from on-line retailer).

Replacement discs will begin shipping out in the next 2-3 weeks. When your replacements do ship, you should receive an automated shipment confirmation via email.

If you have any questions or concerns about this replacement program, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@shoutfactory.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

Scream Factory

Comment

Watched this on tv the other night....far worse than I temembered...not really a good film at all....

Comment

I always thought I was in the minority...I like a few moments and some of Bruce Campbell's lines, but I was never really super into this movie. I love Evil Dead, but the sequels are too jokey.

Comment

I quite like part 2 and AoD is also watchable, but far from the masterpiece many feel it is. None of them hold a candle to the amazing first film though.

One of the greatest misconceptions among the general public must be that Evil Dead is a comedy, when in fact it is one of the nastiest and most brutal horror films of the eightees. Dark and relentless. I don't know if it's the fact that the two sequels are comedies and that colours their impression of the first film, or if it's just a moronic "lol, old low budget films suck" attitude. But I've never understood it. A woman gets brutally raped by the woods themselves. A man chops up his girlfriend with an axe. The atmosphere is one of death and destruction. I was scared shitless the first time I saw it (at an, admittedly, way too young age).

Comment

Working...
                              X