No announcement yet.

Multi zone Blu Ray Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am watching the Arrow BD of Black Sabbath and am totally geeked out.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

I told ya it would work!

The Arrow edition of BLACK SABBATH is the perfect choice to consummate your new love affair with a multi-region player.

Untold pleasures await you.
      "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
      - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

A few days ago my poor Momitsu bit the dust. We have a good run, five years together, but it started glitching on me. It would load the disc, then restart itself. I took it apart and it seemed better after I cleaned it out and rechecked the ribbon cable connection on the mainboard, but then it started doing it again. It was also running really, really hot.

So I took it out back and shot it.

Just ordered a new region free LG player from 220 to help ease the pain.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

yeah, the Momitsu is a tough 'lil bugger and it provided many years of reliable service before mine finally bit the dust too. I finally decided to bite the bullet & get a modded Oppo blu ray player a couple years back but sold it for a newer model. I also have a "poor man's Oppo" -- an Asus blu ray player that I use as a backup & secondary player. I bought it for around $250 & it uses a Marvell Qdeo video chip and has dual HDMI outs like the Oppo. Plus it allows region free viewing with just a simple remote code hack as opposed to the hardware mod needed for the Oppo. Of course, the Oppo kills it in terms of build quality as the Asus feels lightweight and flimsy in comparison but no biggie as it is used as a backup.

On a side note, I'm thinking about replacing my TV with the next couple of months & I've always been a plasma guy. For all of plasma's downsides, it still gives me the best picture & most bang for the buck compared to LED. But I was at Magnolia A/V last week & was checking out one of the newfangled OLED sets they had on display & WOW! It looks like OLED technology is finally the holy grail we've been seeking with the deep black levels, wide viewing angles of plasma mated to the high brightness and energy efficiency of LED -- the downside is that it costs as much as small car. I've never been an early adopter with deep pockets, so I can only dream for now & have to wait a couple years down the road when it becomes affordable for the masses or if I win the lottery.

Comment

Almost bought a region free LG from 220 last night...at less than 2 bills shipped, it's almost a no-brainer...but we're heading into house-buying land next week, and I'm just gonna screw myself on not being able to buy region coded titles from across the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
              Almost bought a region free LG from 220 last night...at less than 2 bills shipped, it's almost a no-brainer...but we're heading into house-buying land next week, and I'm just gonna screw myself on not being able to buy region coded titles from across the pond.
              Don't worry, Mark, it gets better after the house buying! I'm still able to afford some DVD purchases after all the big payments are made - I'm sure you will, too! Just takes a while to get everything set up! :up:

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Zane, I'm just about shitting myself over here running numbers on a house we're potentially putting an offer in on Monday. Chrissake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                  Thanks for the kind words, Zane, I'm just about shitting myself over here running numbers on a house we're potentially putting an offer in on Monday. Chrissake.
                  Hang in there, bro! My fiancee and I were in the same spot about 3 years ago. She found the house we're in, loved it, and we moved on it quick. It definitely is a whirlwind of activity to get things in order. Best of luck to you in getting the house!

Comment

Got my LG yesterday, hooked it up in about 2 seconds, set it to RB, popped in the UK RB coded Pentatholon disc to test it and boom, worked like a charm.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                    X