• Big Trouble in Little China (blu)
      Uwe Boll's Darfur (DVD)
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie BD
        The Black Panther BD
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Beyond BD (finally plumped for it now that all the duff copies seem to be out of circulation)
          Faccia di Spia - The Secret Files of the CIA (eek)
          Demons 1 & 2, Steelbook BD
          Take an Easy Ride
          Satan's Slave

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            The Black Panther BD
            Oooooh.

Comment

• Deepstar Six
              Black Sheep (it's no Killer of Sheep)
              Parasomnia

Comment

The Black Panther BD
                But no 'nightbirds' bd? Im praying it doesn't get delayed again, I don't think i could handle it, cue me busting into the bfi offices with a shotgun and looking like the 'black panther'

Comment

• No Nightbirds yet, but don't fret, it's still a few weeks off.

Today...

The Big Heat BD
                  Flare Up (Raquel Welch is on the run from a crazed killer!)
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Puppet on a Chain
                    Legend of Hell House BD
                    Thin Man Collection

Comment

• Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
                      Puppet on a Chain
                      This is really good, excellent Piccioni score too. Ian, let us know how THE BIG HEAT BD is.

OUTRAGE WAY OF THE YAKUZA BD
                      THE BARBARIAN AND THE GEISHA BD
                      THE BIG TRAIL BD
                      BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA BD
                      MOTHER'S DAY (remake)
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• It's a thing of beauty. Very nice, film like transfer, lots of detail, grainy enough to look right but no real print damage to speak of. Solid contrast, nice deep blacks - it looks awesome. The audio is a bit low, but once you turn it up it's properly balanced, no hiss or anything, a very nice and clean sounding track. $30 is a bit spendy for an almost barebones disc (it has a trailer, an isolated score and some really good liners) but if you love the movie it's worth every penny and I'd imagine the run of 3000 will sell out sooner or later.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Gridlock'd
                          Striking Distance (Tagline: They shouldn't have put him in the water if they didn't want him to make waves. I've thought of this twice now on the terlet since picking this up.)

Comment

It's a thing of beauty. Very nice, film like transfer, lots of detail, grainy enough to look right but no real print damage to speak of. Solid contrast, nice deep blacks - it looks awesome. The audio is a bit low, but once you turn it up it's properly balanced, no hiss or anything, a very nice and clean sounding track. $30 is a bit spendy for an almost barebones disc (it has a trailer, an isolated score and some really good liners) but if you love the movie it's worth every penny and I'd imagine the run of 3000 will sell out sooner or later.
                            Thanks for the detailed reply! I will get this sooner rather than later. I love this film.

Comment

• I'm in too.

Comment

• Neat bit of kismet, this was in the latest Film Noir Foundation newsletter:

The Arthur Lyons Film Noir Festival returns with its usual mix of fabulous films and special guests to the Camelot Theatres in Palm Springs, California from May 10 through 13, 2012. This year's highlights include a screening of a restored 35mm print of Robert Parrish's witty revenge tale Cry Danger (1951), starring Dick Powell and Rhonda Fleming, followed by an onstage discussion with co-star Richard Erdman. Peter Ford, son of Glenn Ford, will also be interviewed during the festival, after a showing of Fritz Lang's noir masterpiece, The Big Heat (1953) starring the elder Ford, Lee Marvin and Gloria Grahame. The FNF's own Alan K. Rode returns as the festival's director/programmer and host. FNF president Eddie "Czar of Noir" Muller will join Alan for the film's introductions and on-stage discussions with the guests. For more on the festival, please visit the official festival website.

I would love to see THE BIG HEAT on THE BIG SCREEN.

Comment

Working...
                                X