Inferno or Suspriria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
    'License' is the verb; 'licence' is the noun. One may acquire a licence but, on the other hand, strive to license something. I don't think the distinction is always made in American English, though I could be wrong.
    Sorry; I wasn't trying to quibble over spelling. I was joking and showing that some filmmakers are prepared to use the music without going through the bothersome licensing step.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernski View Post
      Sorry; I wasn't trying to quibble over spelling. I was joking and showing that some filmmakers are prepared to use the music without going through the bothersome licensing step.
      Ha, sorry! Humourless me
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm trying to figure out who owns the rights to Inferno as the rights holder for distribution here in Norway has had its contract expired and I'm trying to get permission to screen it for my local filmclub. Any ideas?

Comment

I don't know about the rights, but I'm happy to see this thread bumped. I never would have guessed that so many prefer Inferno to Suspiria. I thought I was in the minority. Don't get me wrong, I love Suspiria, but Inferno is so abstract and wonderful. There's nothing else like it.

Have to say it, I like Mother of Tears as well. I'm not going to say it's as good as its predecessors, but I do think it's a very fun film that's been unfairly maligned.

Comment

Torstein: Do you actually need permission to screen it in a club, though? Here in Sweden it counts as "slutet sí¤llskap" (closed screening) and, as far as I understand, doesn't require getting exhibition rights?

As for the topic: Both films are masterpieces, but Inferno is among my favourite films. Argento's nightmare aesthetics have never been as fully realised as in Inferno.

Comment

i need to explore Inferno more. i've only watched it twice. Suspiria i've watched more times than i can count. so i guess Suspiria wins out. for now!
              "My mouth is laughing but my mind is not." -Me, I said that.

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
                Torstein: Do you actually need permission to screen it in a club, though? Here in Sweden it counts as "slutet sí¤llskap" (closed screening) and, as far as I understand, doesn't require getting exhibition rights?

As for the topic: Both films are masterpieces, but Inferno is among my favourite films. Argento's nightmare aesthetics have never been as fully realised as in Inferno.
                Yeah, all public screenings require a license apparantly.
                Not only that, if it is a common movie from the biggest companies, we pay around 100 bucks and are not allowed to take payment for the filmscreening itself, only the membership which is either yearly or for six months. And recently a change of rule made it so we cannot even promote the movie publicly, only towards our members. I'm showing Night of the Demons later this month, that movie has no DVD/BluRay release here as far as I can find, yet I am not allowed to even mention the title in the Facebook event I've made for it :P Even though I doubt anyone would care if I did.

It is worth it though, we have had screenings of The Witch, Baskin, Dark Water and Killer Klowns from Outer Space this year and if I can continue to show movies like these then all the rights stuff is totally worth it.

Comment

The Cult Films Locations blog has been putting up some interesting stuff lately, mostly using Google maps. Here's an entry on Inferno.

http://cultfilmlocations.blogspot.co...erno-1980.html
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've seen Inferno twice. Video & dvd; the only thing I remember is the underwater scene so the film didn't make much of an impression on me. I do want to see it again. I've thought about buying the BU bd but figured if I did, someone will announce a special edition. I might as well own it since I have the others (where the hell is that sp.ed. of Opera?!?).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      The Cult Films Locations blog has been putting up some interesting stuff lately, mostly using Google maps. Here's an entry on Inferno.

http://cultfilmlocations.blogspot.co...erno-1980.html
                      Hypnotic Crescendos did a piece on Mater Tenebrarum's homestead a while back. Interesting reading.
                      LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

watched Inferno. probably about 15 years since i last saw it. Suspiria's soundtrack floats my boat but i think Inferno is the better movie.

the story in Inferno is a bit goofier than i remember it. 5 copies of The Three Mothers book? 4 right on Mater Tenebrarum's doorstep too. also, when Sara goes to the library and asks for it, of course it is right there. just seems funny since people wanting to read the book seems to be a no-no.

thought it was odd that the lady from Suspiria knew that Daria Nicolodi's character wasn't coming back too

Comment

Suspriria?
                          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                          X