Mario Bava

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by George Barry View Post
    Well Barry, from now on when I read Stevens, I'll think of Mario and when I watch Bava, I'll think of Wallace.
    Interwingularity in everything.

All the Colours of the Darkles (tinct, tinct): Bava's Funanimal World

Comment

• When I first saw LISA AND THE DEVIL, it was on UK television in c.1990, as part of a double bill with MASK OF SATAN. I think it was the first time Bava's cut had been shown in any form over here.

I watched it on a black and white portable television (remember those?) and for years I thought it was a black and white film - until, in fact, Redemption released their VHS release of the same cut (in '93/94?)

That is all.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
        When I first saw LISA AND THE DEVIL, it was on UK television in c.1990, as part of a double bill with MASK OF SATAN. I think it was the first time Bava's cut had been shown in any form over here.
        Now that's a double bill!
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

When I first saw LISA AND THE DEVIL, it was on UK television in c.1990, as part of a double bill with MASK OF SATAN. I think it was the first time Bava's cut had been shown in any form over here.

I watched it on a black and white portable television (remember those?) and for years I thought it was a black and white film - until, in fact, Redemption released their VHS release of the same cut (in '93/94?)

That is all.
          I saw that screening too. They'd shown Black Sunday in the UK cut version a few years before. I was blown away by the image of the lovely Babs with her ribs and insides showing under her cloak!
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I watched it on a black and white portable television (remember those?) and for years I thought it was a black and white film - until, in fact, Redemption released their VHS release of the same cut (in '93/94?).
            I was very fortunate they did that when they did, as it allowed me to make it on the back of the box:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lisa-Devil-...d%2C315&sr=1-3
            VHS will never die!

Comment

• I still have that tape. Sitting in a box in the attic with about 20 other Redemption videos I haven't quite got the heart to send to landfill... :(
              https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
              http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• That is great. Very strong Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show frisson there, Lorne. I hope you bought five copies for your mother.

Comment

• That is very cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                    That is great. Very strong Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show frisson there, Lorne. I hope you bought five copies for your mother.
                    Now I'm gonna have an earworm for the next 2 weeks. Thanks, Barry...
                    VHS will never die!

Comment

• Looks like there is no chance of Arrow re-licensing their Bava titles

Comment

• I'm close to buying the Kino edition of BARON BLOOD. Any issues to report? Is somebody working on a new edition?

Comment

• Woohoo! Starting the new year with good news! Fuck Arrow!

Comment

• Which audio is preferable for BLOOD AND BLACK LACE, English or Italian?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                              Which audio is preferable for BLOOD AND BLACK LACE, English or Italian?
                              Paul Frees dubbed just about everybody in the English version, even the women IIRC.
                              "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                                Paul Frees dubbed just about everybody in the English version, even the women IIRC.
                                Haha, Italian it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X