No announcement yet.

Jean-Paul Belmondo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks fun. I need to watch these films.

EDIT: *Goes to Amazon to look for discs...* God dammit why is everything so expensive.
    Scott
    Intellectual Carrot
    Last edited by Scott; 05-18-2020, 05:29 PM.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      God dammit why is everything so expensive.
      It so is.
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Cohen Media stuff almost never seems to go on sale (which is why I have a grand total of one of their releases- Melville's [bTwo Men in Manhattan[/b],) but some of their titles have shown up on the Criterion Channel. So, maybe Up to His Ears will show up there if they do a program of Jean-Paul Belmondo films.

Comment

I guess the fact that a lot of the Cohen releases are double features offsets things a bit?

But yeah, they're not cheap.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That helps, but their releases are pretty lite on extras. I think one of the recent Barnes and Noble 50% off sales had some Cohen releases, but they all went out of stock pretty quickly. Dude that owns Cohen is a billionaire asshole, though. Which makes it a bit harder to support the label.

Comment

Watched The Night Caller last night, it was fun if pretty predictable. Good stunts but a lot of logic gaps. It's very giallo-ish at times, complete with a weirdo black gloved killer, but it seems to me that Belmondo's super cop really should have caught the killer much earlier than he did. Still, if he had, he wouldn't have been able to dangle off of a helicopter and crash through the window, so there's that. Anyway, it's entertaining and a fun watch, just not wholly original or as tense as it should have been given the concept (that being that a maniac is calling women he deems morally unfit and then killing them off).

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I really enjoyed The Night Caller. There were certainly parts to laugh at (mostly the glass eye ), but his stunt work always makes the movie.
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Watched Le Casse (aka The Burglers) last night.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068347/

It's a pretty fun heist film that at times feels like an Italian cop movie, probably because it's a French/Italian co-production and it has a good Morricone score.

Belmondo is in fine form here, he's got a couple of impressive stunt scenes that are, again, genuinely impressive. Omar Sharif plays the corrupt cop out to snag for himself the emeralds that Belmondo's team has stolen. A good mix of action, drama and humor. I liked this one a lot, just a fun movie.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ordered a few new ones...

Le Casse (The Burglars) BD
                    Greed in the Sun BD
                    Two Women BD
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Pierrot Le Fou getting reissued by Criterion in October.

https://www.criterion.com/films/149-pierrot-le-fou

Click image for larger version

Name:	CGhaAaDzvaQUyGtIKeyAtcMz5Q790L_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	358594

SPECIAL FEATURES
                      New 2K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
                      Interview with actor Anna Karina from 2007
                      A “Pierrot” Primer, a video essay from 2007 written and narrated by filmmaker Jean-Pierre Gorin
                      Godard, l'amour, la poésie, a fifty-minute French documentary from 2007, directed by Luc Lagier, about director Jean-Luc Godard and his work and marriage with Karina
                      Excerpts of interviews from 1965 with Godard, Karina, and actor Jean-Paul Belmondo
                      Trailer
                      PLUS: An essay by critic Richard Brody, along with (Blu-ray only) a 1969 review by Andrew Sarris and a 1965 interview with Godard
                      New cover by Steve Chow
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

One of his best!
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Watched the Olive Films Blu-ray release of Greed In The Sun the other day, with Belmondo and Lino Ventura co-starring. It was okay. Not great, but not a complete waste of time either. Some okay comedy, some decent drama and tension in the second half. It was about 20 minutes longer than it should have been but it was nicely shot.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Watched the Olive Films Blu-ray release of Greed In The Sun the other day, with Belmondo and Lino Ventura co-starring. It was okay. Not great, but not a complete waste of time either. Some okay comedy, some decent drama and tension in the second half. It was about 20 minutes longer than it should have been but it was nicely shot.
                            It ended exactly how I wanted it to!
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Starting November 1st on American Netflix...

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1603613340771.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	359004
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Hubba hubba! I'm jealous :)

Now, can I get that VPN to work again?
                                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X