No announcement yet.

Anyone watching TRUE DETECTIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some S3 details. Rhys Wakefield has been cast.

https://t.co/wMqBvUjFrb
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming 2/25

True Detective: The Complete Third Season (Digital Download)

Playing out in three separate time periods, the third season tells the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks, and a mystery that deepens over decades. Mahershala Ali (Oscar® winner for “Moonlight”) stars as state police detective Wayne Hays, with Stephen Dorff (“Somewhere”) starring as Roland West, the detective who investigated the case with Hays, and Carmen Ejogo (“Selma”) starring as schoolteacher and writer Amelia Reardon.

Bonus Features:

Designing the Decades: Featuring cast & crew detailing the process of shooting across three time periods (1980, 1990, 2015) and the innovations and challenges inherent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	89931560-bf0b-4fe4-93c4-5037657f195d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	355515

It doesn't look like HBO is doing a physical media release for this season.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

While not super engaging it's certainly a step up from the godawful season 2 wherein Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell were the only highlights.

The main character in this season is super unlikeable. A (literal) dick with a chip on his shoulder. Good old man acting though. I'll keep watching but I'm not terribly invested in proceedings.
          https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Yeah, it's very slow. I think it's going to build to something worthwhile, though.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Season finale was superb.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was great. They certainly subverted my expectations. Still never watched Season 2.
                Scott
                Intellectual Carrot
                Last edited by Scott; 02-26-2019, 08:07 PM.
                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I have season 1 but have yet to watch it. I've heard nothing but terrible things about season 2.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I think I may have liked Season 2 better than 1. It started off weak, but after episode 3 it was pretty satisfying. Even using one of my least-favorite tropes in the finale didn't kill it for me.

Comment

Season 2 is fantastic. The episode where the detectives infiltrate a sex party is one of the most exciting of the whole series. And the scene where Colin Farrell confronts his son's bully and his dad is classic.

The greatest aspect of season 1 is the sheer nihilism. It has some of the most exquisitely brutal dialogue you'll ever hear.

Comment

AVAILABLE September 3rd - True Detective Season 3 (DVD and Blu-ray):

In 2015, retired detective Wayne Hays, his memory failing, looks back at the disappearance of 12-year-old Will and ten-year-old Julie Purcell, recalling the days and weeks immediately following the 1980 crime, as well as developments in 1990, when he and his former partner, Roland West, were subpoenaed after a major break in the case. Playing out in three separate time periods, the third season tells the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks, and a mystery that deepens over decades. Mahershala Ali (Oscar® winner for “Moonlight”) stars as state police detective Wayne Hays, with Stephen Dorff (“Somewhere”) starring as Roland West, the detective who investigated the case with Hays, and Carmen Ejogo (“Selma”) starring as schoolteacher and writer Amelia Reardon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4832ba03-391a-4eb3-a923-cce0b6a712f2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	356609
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming soon:

Comment

Pre-order page up for the S4 Blu-ray release.

https://amzn.to/3T5jWDj
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've liked all the seasons. I think S3 is the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X