Guillermo Del Toro Bringing Frankenstein To Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guillermo Del Toro Bringing Frankenstein To Netflix

"Following his big Animated Feature Oscar win for Pinocchio on Sunday, Guillermo del Toro is getting closer to finding his next live-action film. Sources tell Deadline that Andrew Garfield, Oscar Isaac and Mia Goth are in early talks to star in del Toro’s Frankenstein at Netflix. Del Toro will write and direct the pic.

Insiders close to the pic caution that del Toro is still working on the script and no formal offers have given to any actors. But sources add that he has has met with all three, and each is on board to star."

https://deadline.com/2023/03/oscar-i...in-1235299836/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Haven't enjoyed any of his films since Pacific Rim, so I don't need another GDT film or another version of Frankenstein. Apart from that, sounds great!
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

This is definitely a passion project for del Toro, something he's been talking about for at least 15 years. (Apparently the Bernie Wrightson illustrations from the 80ies are a huge influence on his proposed take on the story.) Unfortunately, he's no longer the person or director he was 15 years ago and I somehow doubt I will be able to get interested enough to even watch the trailer.

Comment

Working...
      X