Perfect Strangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Strangers

So for the last few weeks we've been watching episodes of Perfect Strangers, now more than ever since the world has gone to shit.

Anyway, it's about as hokey as it gets but watching it again for the first time in decades, it's the physical comedy of it that impresses me more than the goofy one liners or sight gags.

Bronson Pinchot and Mark Linn-Baker have really good comedic timing.

Anyway, that's all. It's fun mindless escapism, no more, not less, but right now it's a welcome distraction.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I cannot tell a lie... I am enjoying rewatching this series.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Haven't seen it since it was on, but I did love it.

Comment

I started rewatching it last year when I saw it was on Hulu. Holds up way better than I expected. Need to see if the entire run is on DVD.

Comment

The first two seasons were good, but the way the characters just stagnated killed it. Same thing seemed to happen to all the Miller-Boyette sitcoms, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
            The first two seasons were good, but the way the characters just stagnated killed it. Same thing seemed to happen to all the Miller-Boyette sitcoms, actually.
            Later seasons are definitely getting formulaic and too 'catch phrasey' I guess, but they're still fun.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Are these on a streaming platform, or?

Comment

The whole series is on Hulu.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Stupid Canada.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in a Bob's Burgers group on Facebook and the Canadians are always lamenting the lack of Hulu up there.
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                      Yeah, I'm in a Bob's Burgers group on Facebook and the Canadians are always lamenting the lack of Hulu up there.
                      From what I know of it, it's the easiest way to get away from standard cable companies with the most cable-y content in one service. So, of course we can't get it. I've got to have Crave + HBO for 23 bucks a month, Netflix for 15, Criterion for 15, and Amazon for 10 to get things.

Comment

"Don't be ridiculous" is all I can think of when somebody mentions this show. I fucking HATED this show when I was a kid. Does anyone remember which night of the week this was on and which shows were on the same night. For some reason, I'm thinking Wednesdays; it couldn't have been Thursdays because that was an absolute juggernaut for sitcoms (Cosby, Family Ties). Anyways, I remember despising this show and Who's the Boss? when I was growing up.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                          "Don't be ridiculous" is all I can think of when somebody mentions this show. I fucking HATED this show when I was a kid.
                          Me too! We only had one or two tv station growing up (I lived in the bush) and Perfect Strangers was on each day between two shows I really wanted to watch. Probably Doctor Who and Monkey Magic or something. So I saw a lot of it and despised every minute of it. That was, what, 30 years ago though.
                          Last edited by Dom D; 03-23-2020, 06:42 PM.
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

It was on Fridays. Part of TGIF with Full House, Step By Step, Family Matters, etc.
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                              It was on Fridays. Part of TGIF with Full House, Step By Step, Family Matters, etc.
                              It started on Tuesdays, before TGIF was a thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X