• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    The new album comes out tomorrow...Best Buy has an exclusive pack with some kind of dvd. Anyone know what's on it? From what I've heard so far and the early reviews it seems like this one is getting very positive buzz, some going so far as to say it's the most consistent album this lineup have done.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Stream it!

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    New track streaming in Rolling Stone's site here.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Classic Rock Magazine is offering an exclusive 'fan pack' version.

New album Aftershock
    132-page magazine
    Giant double-sided poster
    Exclusive Motí¶rhead car sticker

More info here.

Leave a comment:

• Zane C.

• Zane C.
    replied
    I MUST see Motí¶rhead again when they roll through town. :)

Looking forward to the new album and a tour when Lemmy is well enough to do so. Health first!

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    There can be no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• Nolando

• Nolando
    replied
    Peppermint schnapps?

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    So it's going to be called Aftershock and now it has a cover and a track listing.

01. Heartbreaker
    02. Coup De Grace
    03. Lost Woman Blues
    04. End Of Time
    05. Do You Believe
    06. Death Machine
    07. Dust And Glass
    08. Going To Mexico
    09. Silence When You Speak To Me
    10. Crying Shame
    11. Queen Of The Damned
    12. Knife
    13. Keep Your Powder Dry
    14. Paralyzed

Click image for larger version

Name:	1239640_10153201369370094_1372375054_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	344079

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Look at that crowd lap it up!

LEMMY is bloody 69 years old....still putting it out there with enrgy and attitude...

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zane C.

• Zane C.
    replied
    Glad to hear he'll be taking time to recuperate!

Leave a comment:

• Tom K

• Tom K
    replied
    Yes, Class Act for sure!

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Hopefully this is true and the worries are only temporary....

According to a statement from the group, the Wacken incident was just a case of Lemmy getting a little ahead of himself with his recovery.

“The show had to go on because that's how Lemmy rolls,” begins the statement, posted at the Motorhead website. “Even though he was not 100 percent fit, he refused to feel he was letting the 85,000 Wacken fans down. They kicked ass in the 100+degree heat for a shortened, but powerful, set before, Lemmy finally realized he might have bitten off a little more than he could chew. Thus he will embark upon the recuperation recommended. We know that rumors are flying around, but once he fully recharges, Motorhead will be back, don't you worry.”
    CLASS ACT as ever..

It all echoes the sentiments expressed by Lemmy himself in a note he wrote to fans after the band canceled its European tour. “It was a tough decision for me, as I don't like to disappoint the fans, especially in times where economy is bad and people spent their money to see us,” he admitted. “But sometimes you can't do anything else than following doctor's orders. Be sure we will be back and kick everybody's ass.

Leave a comment:

• Zane C.

• Zane C.
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I wonder if his constant on the go lifestyle has anything to do with finances. They probably don't make a lot off album sales (I heard Lemmy himself say something to this effect, sales don't compare to the Fast Eddie era). Touring and merch no doubt are where the money is. I hope he has enough put away that he doesn't feel like they must tour. Obviously his hard drinking etc. also plays a part in current health problems too...
    This is what I think as well, Andrew. Motorhead have always been a "working band", and they don't pull in the cash that other well-known bands do. The Lemmy documentary a couple of years ago made it look like while Lemmy lives comfortably in his apartment, he is, by no means, a rich man (well, at least that we know of, anyway).

I guess he is also diabetic as well, which complicates things, health-wise. Like most fans, I just hope the guy is alright. He's given far more than his fair share to music, and if he had to hang it up for his health's sake, I'm sure people would understand.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    That's exactly it. He can't keep living the lifestyle he's been living. He's not a young man anymore.
    Its not only that though...age catches up witht the best of us...no matter what the lifestyle....

I mean, even MORRISSEY is saying he will retire from touring and had his fair share of cancelled concerts recently due to health issues....and he is on the complete OTHER end of the hard living lifestyle that Lemmy has had...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X