Steve Niles To Write New Army Of Darkness Comic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Niles To Write New Army Of Darkness Comic

Most of the Army of Darkness comics have sucked. This one might suck too.

From Bleeding Cool:

Steve Niles, author of 30 Days Of Darkness, is moving from vampires to demons to reboot the Army Of Darkness franchise at Dynamite with Ash And The Army Of Darkness, drawn by Dennis Calero, making it a direct sequel to the third Ash film and ignoring all other Army Of Darkness comics.

In a press release, Niles is quoted as saying;

“What I'm doing with Ash and the Army of Darkness is a complete reboot. We start and the last frame of the film and then go right to the next. It's a wild ride and I think fans of the film will be very happy because I am bringing back a lot of what made the movie so fun. My run of Ash and the Army of Darkness takes place almost entirely in the 1300′s setting. That was what made Army of Darkness stand apart. I'm hoping readers agree.”

This is a series of pre-San Diego Comic Con announcements being made by Dynamite and embargoed across the day at a number of comic book websites, including Bleeding Cool.

I do like the cover art.

There are some sample pages in B&W at the link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ASHandAOD01-Cov-Template.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	363531
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I thought some of them were pretty good? Army of Darkness vs Marvel Zombies was awesome. Heard good things about From the Ashes too.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

From Bleeding Cool:

"Dynamite are pulling their Steve Niles reboot of Ash and the Army of Darkness #1 from the first week of November to the last week of October, on sale on the 30th in time for Hallowe'en.

And here's the Arthur Suydam retailer exclusive cover to go with it, available to any store that orders two hundred copies of the comic, with a space inside the comic thanking the store in question."

Name:	ASHandAOD01CovSuydam.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	344250
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"As part of its 10th Anniversary, Dynamite Entertainment is doing a special issue of Army of Darkness issue numbered 1992.1 commemorating the year the movie was released. It will be a commemorative square-bound edition, featuring short stories of demon-hunting hero Ash Williams written by the likes of Steve Niles, Elliott Serrano, Cullen Bunn, James Kuhoric, and Mike Raicht."

More here.

Name:	ArtofAODHC-Cov-TEMP2.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	346665
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'll check that out. They books aren't great, but they are fun enough to read.

Comment

Rad Art Adams cover for the new upcoming mini-series from Dynamite.

Source.

Name:	AODSpace01-Cov-K-IncenAdamsBW-600x900.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	347229
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

New issue preview online here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/...medium=twitter
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

You can read Ash In Space #1 for free on Bleeding Cool today.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...medium=twitter
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Nancy Collins is writing the new series.

Name:	CaUS59nUsAAyxli.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	349774
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                  X