Actors of the Spaghetti Westerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actors of the Spaghetti Westerns

Saw mention of this at the SWDB. The premise sounds so intriguing but at 544 pages(!) the author only seems to cover a handful of people and some are questionable inclusions - Rory Calhoun who made one sw - and there are glaring ommisions. That said, I'm still interested in this book. There's a look inside at Amazon. The one review there is where I'm getting the comments and the reviewer does say the Lee Van Cleef section is worth the price alone. William Berger is included and that's another plus for me, always been curious about his life - he did some time in prison and also his wife died while incarcerated or so I've heard. Very tempting book flaws and all. Cheap ass cover though...damn, put a little effort in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	363091
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Lee Van Cleef really should be the subject of his own extensive biography. If on exists, I'm not aware of it. Nice to see him get some recognition here though.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Lee Van Cleef really should be the subject of his own extensive biography. If on exists, I'm not aware of it. Nice to see him get some recognition here though.
      There is this but from what I've read about it the biography part is slim and it's mostly a reference of his film and tv credits. And it's a McFarland book so kinda pricey at $35 for a paperback. Probably interesting to flip through but not the definitive work that's still needed.

Comment

Hmmm. Wasn't aware of that. Thanks Andrew. I might get it if the price drops.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is too cool not to share. Originally posted at Latarnia by Cushing. I love this picture!

Click image for larger version

Name:	lvc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	342341

Comment

Working...
          X