Murderdrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murderdrome

Gory 'roller girls vs. evil' Aussie indy trash? Yes please.

"Roller Derby sensation Cherry Skye loves nothing better than competing in her favorite sport. When SKye catches Brad's eye the sparks fly. Unfortunately, she also catches the ire of Brad's ex, her Roller Derby nemesis Hell Grazer! If that isn't bad enough, the heat generated by this romantic rivalry arouses a malevolent demon-spirit, hungry for human souls - especially Skye's! Trapped between the wrath of Hell Grazer and damnation at the Gates of Hell, she has no option but to throw down and sort this mess out the only way she knows. Welcome to the Murderdome."

Alternative Cinema sent out the link to this so I'm going to take that as a sign that they're going to be releasing it domestically.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Lots of cast and crew info, pictures and other assorted bits and pieces at the movie's site here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

looks ok....bit on the cheap side....and might not be able to support a full length feature on the idea...plus they maybe showed the ENDING in the trailer????

Comment

I can get behind cheap roller girl action with no problem whatsoever. haha.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          I can get behind cheap roller girl action with no problem whatsoever. haha.
          Quoted for TRUTH!!!

Comment

Ive been half following Murderdrome for a couple years as they're local boys- though oddly I dont seem to know a single person involved with this. The concept seems to have caught a lot of imaginations. Strongman Pics have a bit of a history of half finished projects so good to see this one reach the finish line.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I'd never heard of the movie until the promo started from Alternative Cinema. Seems like, as you say, it could catch on. It's a great concept at the very least.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
              X