No announcement yet.

Slumber Party Massacre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No apologizes necessary. I was owning up to being a pig. :)

Film conversations are boring when everyone agrees. I always appreciate getting impressions from people who love SPM2. I dig the killer and want so much to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
      No apologizes necessary. I was owning up to being a pig. :)

Film conversations are boring when everyone agrees. I always appreciate getting impressions from people who love SPM2. I dig the killer and want so much to like it.
      I love it because it's nuts. It's just so dumb and creative and entertaining. It's glorious, care-free trash. I love the wise-ass character who talks like a surfer dude. The exploding zit.

Another thing I love: 76 minutes. In a perfect world, all movies would be around 80 minutes.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

Another thing I love: 76 minutes. In a perfect world, all movies would be around 80 minutes.
        Right! I have a lot of patience for movies that have a running time under 80 minutes. I'll give just about any cheap trash flick a look when its under 80 minutes. And conversely I've avoided quite a few that go over 100 minutes. I think runtime has a lot to do with why I've fallen in love with Roger Corman/New Horizons/New Concorde movies. They don't overstay their welcome.

Comment

I'm not really a slasher guy so I hadn't seen these. I watched the first today. I thought it was one of the best. Constant slashings, frequent T/A, completely nonsensical happenings all the time. Some thoughts:

- In the first scene our heroine gets out of bed and gets dressed and does not change her panties. If you're possibly going to be slashed surely you want to be wearing clean pants? Later in the film she's getting her nightwear on and again she leaves the pants on. How many days has she been wearing these things?! Does she have more than one pair?

- that basketball game... diabolical. No fundamentals. Should be able to just drive sstraight through that d. When they finally get it into the big she just dishes it straight out even though she's under the basket. Then on the game winning shot the scorer clearly lifted her pivot foot. Even in the NBA they're calling that travel. Absolute bullshit. I wanted to put my remote through the TV screen.

-fortunately we go straight from that disaster to some sudsy shower shenanigans. Are you guys really complaining about the attractiveness of these girls? You are spoilt, spoilt men.

- that line when theyre talking about some guys junk: "doesnt matter how big it is its what's in it that counts.' What? Spunk and piss? Is that what girls are into? Have I been doing it wrong?

- loved the bit where she ate the pizza. I would have eaten the pizza.

- some good slashing in this. The one where the killer sneaks through the bedroom windows was nicely done. I mean our girls are really lacking peripheral vision but it still worked.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

The new UHD looks and sounds terrific. So happy with this latest release.

As I mentioned before I've watched SPM2 numerous times and absolutely hated it every time. Great killer but the lack of nudity and general tone bothered me. I was suspired to see that I enjoyed it much more this time. It does have some cool moments fairly early in the film. A lot of the Elm street knockoff stuff is super fun. Atanas Ilitch with that guitar is a hoot. I'm still bothered that Heidi Kozak and Playmate Kimberly MacAuther stay so covered up. But more than anything I was reminded that I can't stand Crystal Bernard. And that is likely the biggest problem that I've always had with the film.

Still adore the SPM1. It's still shocking how pervy and voyeuristic the camera is. That shower scene is amazing. But I love the girls and Michael Villella's "Russ Thorn" is so creepy.

Comment

Working...
            X