V/H/S - Out Today on DVD/Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V/H/S - Out Today on DVD/Blu-ray

Has anyone seen this yet? The poster art is awesome.

The trailer is intriguing!

Bloody Disgusting has an interview up with the filmmakers here.
    Attached Files
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I liked what I heard about this enough to order it, should have it today but I probably won't get to it until the weekend.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I like the poster too. I liked it even better when it was used for VISITING HOURS.

Comment

There's definitely a resemblence, but the Visiting Hours poster wasn't made out of VHS tapes.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

True. I'm a sucker for anthology films so I'm going to pick this one up.

Comment

I watched it and for the most part liked it. The second story (by Ty West) was the least interesting. The last two stories were pretty creepy
            and you have to supply your own answers to a couple of the stories. It probably plays a lot better in a theater with a crowd.
            "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

I got it to review before finding out it's a found footage film, and that I probably cannot watch it. I'm sending it to someone else for that now.
              EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

I watched it (review over on my blogpost site) and enjoyed it for the most part. I found the overall story (the one supposedly linking them all together) to be the weakest one and the first story is the best one. I've been trying to defend the Ti West story to friends that have seen it as well. The filmmakers' choice of footage for end credits sincerely pissed me off, tho'.
                It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

I'm actually with you on both points. Watched it last night and the bookends story wasn't all that well done, I thought it was kind of irritating though. I did dig the other four stories and thought West's was really well done and the most plausible of the four. Overall I dug this, some good jump scares but some good atmosphere and tension too. A few cool ideas, pretty well done. A very hard R too - gorier and a bit sexier than I expected it to be.

The sequel, S/V/H/S, has been announced. Hopefully it's as good.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I was surprised to find West's section the weakest, besides the wrap-around story, but wrap-around stories almost always suck (can you think of a good one?) so that's par for the course. I thought the first and last stories were the strongest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

The sequel, S/V/H/S, has been announced.
                      PART 3 will be called VCD...or DVD?...Maybe LASERDISC!

Comment

Or B/E/T/A?

Randy, you didn't like West's bit? I felt it the strongest. Would rank them as follows:

Second Honeymoon (West)
                        10/31/98 (Radio Silence)
                        The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger (Swanberg)
                        Amateur Night (Bruckner)
                        Tuesday The 17th (McQuaid)

And then then linking segments, which I felt were pretty weak. Overall though, I really liked this movie.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I liked the first story quite a bit, it was genuinely creepy. The rest though left me cold and I actively hated the linking bits. I also thought the film was too long, could have been tightened up in spots.
                          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

So is the whole thing found footage/shaky-cam? or just the frame story? Between Ti West's involvement and my love for anthology films I'd really like to see it...but at this point I'm not going to watch another movie that can't be bothered with "luxuries" like tripods.

Comment

You may not be too thrilled with it as it definitely has the found footage & shaky cam thing going on.
                              "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Working...
                              X