No announcement yet.

RE-ANIMATOR COMING TO BLU-RAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Caplight BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR Blu is gorgeous. It's by far the best presentation of this film that I've seen (although I never owned the US DVD). Just one minor issue: the English mono track (the only English audio option) is a little frustrating - it's flat, seeming to lack dynamic range, and with a lot of background hiss. This is clearly an issue with the elements rather than with Capelight's presentation of the film. But regardless of this, it's a spectacular package.

EDIT: Flicking through the booklet, it seems there's a page devoted to the issues in restoring the audio track for the unrated version. I'll have to sit down with it this evening and see if I can translate it.
    Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze
    Last edited by Paul L; 03-04-2014, 06:03 AM.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Second Sight just posted this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1625712_411538178980621_1251677112_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	345353
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

FB update from Second Sight:

RE-ANIMATOR update… We can confirm we are releasing
        on Blu-ray and DVD (Region B/2) on June 2nd. The Blu-ray will be a 2 Disc Limited Edition Steelbook and feature both Unrated and Integral versions.

Bonus Features will include - audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon; audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna, and actors Jeffrey Combs, Robert Sampson, Barbara Crampton and Bruce Abbott; Re-Animator Resurrectus documentary; interviews with Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna, writer Dennis Paoli, composer Richard Band and Fangoria editor Tony Timpone; extended scenes, deleted scene and trailers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1920572_417800075021098_980618905_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	345478
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Huh, I thought the German Mediabook was supposed to be the only release of that stupid extended version.

Comment

I think Capelight was just saying THEY were only going to release it in that one, limited edition.

Comment

Some good caps from the Bride Blu-ray comparing it to the old Pioneer DVD here.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

More on the Second Sight release:

We've been asked if we are doing any of our own restoration work on RE-ANIMATOR. The answer is yes, with a focus on the vertical lines. To follow is a short before and after example which gives a flavour of the work done. A word from Simon Marbrook, Head of Restoration at Premier who did the work for us:

The vertical scratches are probably the trickiest film artefact to repair and this is generally because the scratches in this case were static over a number frames, restoration is a lot easier if a fault moves around enabling the operator to use other frames to repair the faulty frame. The other problem with these scratches were that the scratches would move just a few pixels after a few frames so any automated tool set would need to incorporate a larger pixel radius for an auto repair, this process would greater enhance the risk of digital artefacts so I took the decision to manually correct the majority of the scratches frame by frame.
                I have used MTI correct to remove the vertical scratches , using it's scratch tool in both its auto mode and where artefacts were created by the auto filter, using its manual settings for more detail. Where the scratch removal was too harsh I then used the DRS system in a frame by frame solution to remove as many scratches as possible without creating digital artefacts.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Any US members here order the German releases (or anything else) from Amazon.de? If so, how long did it take to get your order? My RE-ANIMATOR/BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR Steelbook shipped on the 10th of March and it isn't here yet and I was wondering how much longer I should wait before contacting them?

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                    Any US members here order the German releases (or anything else) from Amazon.de? If so, how long did it take to get your order? My RE-ANIMATOR/BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR Steelbook shipped on the 10th of March and it isn't here yet and I was wondering how much longer I should wait before contacting them?
                    Wait one week after the last day of estimated arrival (that should be on your order confirmation email) and then contact them. They've been late a couple of times and I've done this and then wound up with free extra copies.

Comment

Hmm, the last day of the estimated arrival was the 25th of March, so it has been over a week past the last day. I'll give them til Monday, that'll be 4 weeks since they shipped it, and if it isn't here, I'll contact them.

Comment

Last time I ordered from Amazon.de it took almost six weeks for my package to arrive via DHL.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                          Wait one week after the last day of estimated arrival (that should be on your order confirmation email) and then contact them. They've been late a couple of times and I've done this and then wound up with free extra copies.
                          I've experienced similar things with stuff shipped from US Amazon to the UK (and wound up with extra copies that I should probably have returned but1 never did) which sometimes take six or so weeks to cross the Atlantic. (Then again, just this week I had a parcel arrive from Amazon US in less than a week, via the same shipping method I always use, which is to say the cheapest.)On the other hand, a package from amazon.de takes exactly three days to arrive on my doorstep in the UK, faster than a lot of etailers within the UK. I'm sure if Derrick emails them, they'll sort it out.
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Last time I ordered from Amazon.de it took almost six weeks for my package to arrive via DHL.
                            Ouch, I'm in California, so maybe I should wait and email them if it isn't here by the 28th (7 weeks.) I think the few times I've ordered from Amazon.co.uk have spoiled me as my orders have gotten here in like 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                              Ouch, I'm in California, so maybe I should wait and email them if it isn't here by the 28th (7 weeks.) I think the few times I've ordered from Amazon.co.uk have spoiled me as my orders have gotten here in like 10 days.
                              No need to be so nice Derrick. Seriously - just email them. They'll send out a replacement at this point. You may very well wind up with an extra copy. They certainly factor that in when they do their business write-ups and cost projections. This isn't Diabolik.

Comment

Last time I ordered from amazon.de, it got here quicker than my order from amazon.ca.....4 days vs. 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X