Don Dohler's Fiend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Dohler's Fiend

Massacre Video has this slated for Blu-ray release soon, looks like there's going to be a new commentary with actor George Stover and cinematographer Richard Geiwitz moderate by Bruce Holecheck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DT4GjMxU8AI3Y6t.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	368199
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Thanks for posting. it is really cool to see this film get a blu ray release. I'm a big fan of the late Mr. Dohler. Stakes, his vampire action / horror / sci fi film also with Mr. Stover is my favorite of his films. Not sure if you have seen it or not? Thanks again for post.
    https://lightandshadowcinematicmusings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Fun movie. The characters say the name "Longfellow" probably over 50 times during the course of the film.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Name:	DhH7DWTUYAE3fZp.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	354618
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looking forward to finally getting a chance to see this film. I have an old horror magazine that has a feature, I think, on Fiend & Salo. I can't remember the name of the magazine but I know I only have one issue of it.

Comment

I would have sworn that FIEND was featured as the cover of a Famous Monsters of Filmland issue, but just perused a gallery of them and did not see it. Anyway, my personal favorite of Dohler's is ALIEN FACTOR (which I think is pretty brilliant), and I'm amazed how many folks don't seem to care for it.
            VHS will never die!

Comment

GALAXY INVADER is my favourite.

Comment

Name:	Dkf-ilrU8AAufFC.jpg
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	354776
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Some of Dohler's early shorts are being included on the upcoming Fiend Blu-ray.

Name:	DmW1wp7U0AAPEMK.jpg
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	354869
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Massacre mentioned on twitter that...

"Color correction on our new 2k scan of Don Dohler's FIEND is complete! Finishing up a few details and the release will be ready for manufacturing."
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

From the Diabolik pre-order page, the extras!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
                      Brand new 2k scan from the original 16mm A/B rolls.
                      Brand new audio commentary featuring actor George Stover and cinematographer Richard Geiwitz, moderated by Cinema Arcana's Bruce Holecheck.
                      On Fiend: Archival interviews with actors Don Leifert, Greg Dohler and Kim Dohler-Pfeiffer.
                      The 8mm Shorts of Don Dohler - newly transferred in HD.
                      Mr. Clay, Pursed: Horrors from the ID and TO DIE…OR NOT TO DIE.
                      Newly transferred in 2k blooper reel.
                      English captions.
                      Extensive image gallery.
                      Massacre Video trailers.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Got the disc today and stumbled across a major Easter egg: they also tossed in a second Dohler full length feature, Blood Massacre.

Comment

Watched it last night, slow but enjoyable. Hadn't seen it in years. Love the optical effects during the murder scenes, the guy who plays the fiend is great. I dug it. Haven't dug into Blood Massacre yet, don't think I've seen it before but I'll get to it soon. Thanks for pointing out the Easter Egg, I don't think I've have looked for it if you hadn't mentioned it.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ian, if you wouldn't mind, could you take note of the running time of BLOOD MASSACRE? The reason I ask is, when the film was released on DVD by Mill Creek - as part of a six-film collection called "Serial Psychos" - it included a re-edited version that was about 10 minutes shorter than the original VHS version. This new version runs around 73 minutes. The new edit kinda sucks - even though it was done by Dohler himself - because of it's excessive use of cheap-looking fade outs to tighten the pace.

Comment

Sure. It's got a 73 minute running time and it's SD. Looks like it might be a port of the Mill Creek version.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X