Vestron Video Releasing The Unholy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vestron Video Releasing The Unholy

Say your prayers before the Vestron Video Collector's Series releases the demonic horror classic The Unholy, arriving for the first time on limited-edition Blu-ray on June 27 from Lionsgate. Following the mysterious murders of his predecessors, a newly appointed pastor must battle a powerful demon to save his parish and the world. The Unholy is packed with all-new special features, including an audio commentary with director Camilo Vila, isolated score selections, interviews with the cast and crew, the original storyboard gallery and more! Plus, this special edition includes the film's original ending with optional audio commentary from producer Mathew Hayden. Restored and remastered, The Unholy Vestron Video Collector's Series Blu-ray will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.97.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS:

In New Orleans, a city with a dark underside of black magic and satanic worship, 2 priests have been brutally murdered at St Agnes Church. Now The Unholy Reign only to be challenged by the purest of mortal souls. Father Michael is appointed to the ungodly parish. Is he really strong enough to fight off this terrible evil? Or will he be the third priest to die?

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Audio Commentary with Director Camilo Vila
    Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interview with Composer Roger Bellon
    Audio Interview with Production Designer & Co-Writer Fernando Fonseca, featuring Isolated Selections from his Unused Score
    Original Ending featuring Optional Audio Commentary with Producer Mathew Hayden
    Featurettes:
    “Sins of the Father with Ben Cross”
    “Demons In The Flesh: The Monsters of The Unholy”
    “Prayer Offerings with Production Designer & Co-Writer Fernando Fonseca”
    Theatrical Trailer
    TV Spots
    Radio Spots
    Original Storyboard Gallery
    Still Gallery

CAST:

Ben Cross (Chariots of Fire, Star Trek)
    Ned Beatty (Deliverance, Superman)
    William Russ (American History X, The Right Stuff)
    Jill Carroll (Psycho II)
    Hal Holbrook (Lincoln, Wall Street, Into the Wild)
    Trevor Howard (Gandhi, Superman)

PROGRAM INFORMATION:

Year of Production: 1988
    Title Copyright: © 1987 Vestron Pictures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Rating: R
    Genre: Horror
    Closed-Captioned: N/A
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Feature Run Time: 102 Minutes
    Blu-rayâ„¢ Format: 1080P 23.98 High Definition 16í—0 Widescreen 1.85:1 Presentation
    Blu-rayâ„¢ Audio: English Original 2.0 DTS Stereo Audio

Click image for larger version

Name:	3D_RGB_TheUnholyBDOcrd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	367744
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Never heard of this one. Any good?
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I've never seen it but the trailer looks fun.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's pretty slow, but it has some spooky moments and lots of neon lighting; should look great in HD. The ending is outrageous.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

It's ok. Got it on that old Lionsgate multipack.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
            It's ok. Got it on that old Lionsgate multipack.
            Knew id heard of this somewhere, ive got that too

Comment

There's a retail chain in Ontario called Cinema 1 that's one of the last stores where you can get good, obscure stuff - unfortunately they're also fucking assholes who routinely mark up the prices on random titles. I went there the other day and they had the Blu of THE UNHOLY - for $71.99!!! I almost wanted to steal it just to spite them. Assholes.

Comment

How the Hell can they justify that? That's insane.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  How the Hell can they justify that? That's insane.
                  My numbered copy of the Anchor Bay tin box of The Beyond was $79.99 at HMV back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                    My numbered copy of the Anchor Bay tin box of The Beyond was $79.99 at HMV back in the day.
                    I never understood the appeal of the tin boxes; they're too big and just a pain in the ass to store on the shelf with your other discs. I actually don't like special packaging at all; I remember those gigantic boxes that Lynch used when he released ERASERHEAD and his short films really bugged me (and I ended up getting the regular-sized editions when Subversive Cinema licensed them).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      I never understood the appeal of the tin boxes; they're too big and just a pain in the ass to store on the shelf with your other discs. I actually don't like special packaging at all; I remember those gigantic boxes that Lynch used when he released ERASERHEAD and his short films really bugged me (and I ended up getting the regular-sized editions when Subversive Cinema licensed them).
                      I mostly got the tin because the disc-only version was only five bucks less, so I figured I might as well get the goodies if I was gonna pay too much anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                        I mostly got the tin because the disc-only version was only five bucks less, so I figured I might as well get the goodies if I was gonna pay too much anyway!
                        They were selling the Anchor Bay BEYOND for $74.99?!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                          They were selling the Anchor Bay BEYOND for $74.99?!
                          Yup. Apparently Anchor Bay's Canadian distributor randomly decided not to carry it, so The Beyond was an import and priced accordingly. Still, not as bad as Sunrise Records now charging $700 for The Beatles in Mono vinyl box set when it was going for $350 everywhere else. Fuck, this country's third-world currency and lack of meaningful trade agreements with the States makes some things a total pain in the ass to buy.

Comment

Finally saw this one. No one seems to give a shit about this flick. It's pretty good. A lot of dull bits but some gore and the last 15 minutes does a lot to redeem it.

Recommended for Exorcist/Succubus enthusiasts.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                            X