Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neon Maniacs (Merged)

Glass Doll Films posted this on FB...

"The film was the first to be written by Mark Patrick Carducci, a journalist working for Fangoria who would go on to script Stan Winston's classic Pumpkinhead. The director had previously co-piloted many genre classics as cinematographer—from Lewis Teauge's Alligator to Albert Pyun's The Sword and the Sorcerer. Expectations were very high for Neon Maniacs. The film's female protagonist would even go down in history as Sharon Stone's creepy lesbianic make-out folly in Basic Instinct. Um. And in case her boyfriend looks familiar to the die-hards out there? Well, that's Alan Hayes, who changed his name to Clyde after getting his balls skewered by Jason in Friday the 13th Part 4.

And with all these heavy-hitters in the bullpen, did Neon Maniacs deliver the goods?

Well, yes and no. But yes.

Glass Doll Films with Stephen Romano and Terror Transmission, will bring you the definitive version of Neon Maniacs, with exclusive interviews with Joseph Mangine's widow Adrienne Mangine, Editor Timothy Snell, Producer Brian Leonard, Line Producer Mark Headley and many more...."

So there you go - there's an alternate Blu-ray coming out for those who don't want to deal with Code Red.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Will Bill rage over this? Well, yes and yes.

Comment

Well, I will be double-dipping for those extras!

Comment

No one buy blu from working man label. Too many cool release coming from bully labels. Still deep in the red with Neon Maniacs, should've never reprint. I print 800 and sell 400 in one year, Synapse sell 10000 in one week. No one buy from blue collar label

Comment

What country is this coming from?

Comment

Glass Doll is an Australian company.
            https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Laser Vision has this slated for release in Germany.

Click image for larger version

Name:	187443_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	353325
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Thank god for the "Wendecover ohne FSK-logo" as the fuggen FSK age logo rapes my eyes.
                "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
                  No one buy blu from working man label. Too many cool release coming from bully labels. Still deep in the red with Neon Maniacs, should've never reprint. I print 800 and sell 400 in one year, Synapse sell 10000 in one week. No one buy from blue collar label
                  2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Watching the German BD now. A bottle of Chianti somehow disappeared tonight.

Oh, well ;)

Can't remember a thing about this one but have certainly seen it before - perhaps a couple of decades ago.

In the week that the Snyder cut of Justice League saw so much fuss, this (Neon Maniacs) isn't the superhero film we deserve, but it's the superhero film we need right now.

Or summat

;)
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Cooler than the 'Freon Fiends', ghastlier than 'Ghoulies', and spookier than 'Spookies'; this gruesome-looking gang of grisly, goo-spewing gut-munchers perversely prowls the blackened streets of San Francisco in order to bloodily perpetrate their diabolical deeds! Since their inhuman hatred burns so vividly, none would ever DARE to throw shade at these incandescently insane, maniacally mutated midnight marauders! Sinisterly spawned from some unimaginable gargoyle-infested hell, these preternatural predators are ALWAYS up for a good slime!!! Be warned!!! These ferociously flesh-flaying Fuglies are uglier on the INSIDE!!! With a flamboyant array of delightfully eye-popping special FX, scalp-singingly savage kills, rump-rockingly righteous new wave sounds, lava hawt horror hotties, monster maestro Joseph Mangine's flawed, gratuitously goring, but never boring cult freakshow remains a must-see for any terminally tweaked trash horror fan!

'The Shrieks of San Francisco!' - Weirdlingwolf.

'The delirious Day-Glo gore, gnarly, cartoonish kills, and uniquely screwball vibe gives the splattery 'Neon Maniacs' such a deliciously 80s, video-dazed nostalgic appeal! Rosalba Demento - GialloGoblin.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X